“We will be back”

Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila
Reserve with OpenTable
Zacatecas Tacos + Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,799 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zacatecas is an authentic Mexican taqueria and tequila bar located in Nob Hill, Albuquerque created by Chef Mark Kiffin. Named for a region in central Mexico known for its classic, cross cultural blend of foods and recipes, Zacatecas offers a variety of soft tacos with fresh, organic ingredients and a Margarita bar featuring tequilas and beer exclusively from Mexico. Lunch and dinner menus include gourmet Mexican tacos (our shrimp tacos were featured on NM Style) served on warm Corn Tortillas, Tortas, Antojitos (appetizers), Postres (desserts), and classic Mexican specialties. Zacatecas also offers a bar menu featuring Signature Cocktails, South of the Border Specialties, Build-Your-Own Margaritas, Delicious Infusions, and an extensive selection of Tequila and Mezcal to compliment your dining experience. In addition to the food, part of the excitment at Zacatecas is the wide variety of events such as Dia de los Muertos Sugar Skull decorating, and Tequila Dinners!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had tried this restaurant when it first opened and were not impressed. the food was so so, portions inconsistent, limited menu, and wait staff inattentive. We thought for sure they would close quickly due to their issues.
Out of chance we went back last week and were much more pleased. The fish and shrimp ceviche was delicious, the margarita was great, the chicken tinga tacos and shrimp tacos were tasty and well proportioned. The wait staff was much more attentive this time too.
We will return and hope that this second visit is more indicative of what we will find.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I heard that Zacatecas had amazing tacos, so out of curiosity I had to try it out. The frozen house margarita was amazing! I drank two. The chips and salsa, mediocre. My friend and I decided to order the Carne Asada tacos. I dressed my first taco and excitement quickly turned to disappointment after my first bite because the meat was cold. The seasoning was overpowering without a distinct flavor. I was disappointed that I paid $10.00 for four cold tacos. My friend and I decided we would return for chips and salsa and margaritas. She was only able to eat one and a half tacos and boxed the rest. Ditch the food and have drinks!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was great. Fresh and creative. Great tortillas. Saturday night live music was a bit noisy if you were right by the band in a small open room.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Rock Cod Tacos are highly recommended. Nice blend of great flavor sand a good portion size. Service was OK but the waiter seemed a little distracted but I would go there again when in ABQ

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I slipped over to Zacatecas last night, our first trip. It won't be our last. The food was quite good. I had the rock cod tacos. She had a pork taco. As the waiter said, the tacos on the left of the menu were milder (rock cod). The tacos on the right were spicier (pork). That might have been a little bit of an understatement. April can tolerate a lot of heat, but she said her food was very hot. Very tasty, but quite hot. The rock cod was pretty mild, but very flavorful. Note to New Mexicans: this is Mexican food, not New Mexican, but it's very good. I thought it was a little on the expensive side. $7 for a cup of guacamole, which I even thought was okay, and I generally don't like guacamole.