“If you like it spicy and hot this is for you” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant

Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th St. NW
Transit: Bus Line
Southern CA
“If you like it spicy and hot this is for you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great find along Lomas in Downtown Albuquerque. Really good menu and good service. Depending on the degree of heat you enjoy be sure to ask the waitress for suggestions. Truly creative dishes prepared by the owner. I would recommend that they shrink the menu a tad and add indicator as to the level of hotness in the dish.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MBencomo, Owner at Pasion Latin Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Pasion. We loved to hear you enjoyed your visit, and would love to have you back in! We've made many changes, including shrinking the menu down a bit, that we think you'd really enjoy!

Best,

Monica and Elvis Bencomo

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A hidden tesoro (treasure)!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This food was very tasty and authentic! We started with a homemade pina colada - so refreshing, not too sweet or strong - just right. For the main course I had the 1/4 chicken with this amazing side made of potatoes, platanos, and other ingredients I cannot recall at the moment. And seasoned just right!
We ended with the peruvian donuts. They were to die for!

It's not in an area where there are other restaurants, so you might pass it by on Lomas.
I'm going back to Pasion as soon as possible! Great food, great service, and we even got to meet the chef! :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this review! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your food, service, and drinks. Come back and see us anytime!

Best regards,

Albuquerque, NM
“OK somewhat overpriced Latinish food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Pasion is a would-be Latin fusion restaurant and bar in a dumpy little cinder block building decorated with lots of red inside, I guess to make it seem "passionate". The food is not terrible, but it's not that good either. The same couple of muddy flavors turn up in everything and nothing tastes very fresh. The pricing is weird: an exorbitant $9.25 for two tiny empanadas, a very reasonable $10 for kind of dry fish tacos, and an OK $10.75 for a big hamburger drowning in mayo on a huge, inedibly hard "brioche" roll. I guess they're trying to have a kind of a singles bar scene going on there, so maybe the food is secondary. I'd say the best thing is probably the rice and beans which are sort of soupy with big chunks of smoked sausage. We went with a Groupon and, with that, it was an OK deal, but I don't think I'd go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi there,

We appreciate your feedback! We have made major changes to our decor, menu, and service and would love the opportunity to serve you again! There are many things you may enjoy on our new menu, but I recommend trying the Robert Irvine Cubano!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“disappointment served with a heaping cup of nothing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to lunch here today for my BIRTHDAY... was freezing cold and had to sit with our jackets on. We decided to stay big mistake number one. We ordered our drinks and food despite the freezing cold. We never received our drinks or food... the waitress served other customers and managed to serve other customers that arrived after us their drinks and food. She never once asked us if we wanted our drinks at or any time if we just might want our food. The waitress spent so much time in the back of the restaurant that we never had a chance to ask for anything or complain. She never even knew we had left. What a sad disappointment to my special lunch. Will never go back and I HOPE the sad excuse Pasion Lation Fusion call a waitress loses her job or at least had to pay for our ticket.Pissed I waited two hours and I'm still at my desk starving. Called the owner and he was like okay sorry it’s an old building and um... yeah I’ll look into it. I will be fair the owner did offer to make things right (But after the worst service... I mean the waitress never even brought us our drink order and I lost two hours of work). There is nothing more you could do to me except maybe spit in my food or triple charge me. It should not have happened, customer service at its worst... Don’t come here if you don’t have more than two hours to waste. Especially don’t come here if you’re hungry and plan on eating. There was no Latin Passion today and I’ll never know about any fusion....... Just cold, starving, disappointment served with a heaping cup of nothing. Thank you

• Visited December 2012
Hi there,

We'd love the opportunity to make up your birthday to you! We've made many changes to our building, decor, food, and service since your last visit. We treat all our guests like rock stars and would love to do the same for you on your next visit.

Thank you for offering your review! We truly appreciate it.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Fish Tacos in New Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

It's a little hard to find, but once you do, you're in for a treat! We had Empanadas for our appetizer and I only wish there were more of them! Wonderful!! But the star of the show was the fish tacos!! Pickleed cabbage and avacado help to make this the best fish tacos around!! the side of fried plantains in some kind of creamy sauce topped the meal off. I only wish they were located closer to where we live.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad you enjoyed your fish tacos and empanadas! Would love to see you back in at Pasion!