“Always good!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate at several locations and the food was very good. At some locations you can sit out of doors, Corrales Rd. location. We have come to the balloon fiesta every year since 1994 & the star is still one of our fav's.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm from the East Coast and have frequented ABQ several times. A friend suggested Flying Star for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The menu is broader and more unique than Panera and you can get a full on meal, beyond soup, salad, sandwich. I've eaten there for breakfast and dinner. Dinner for two was $35.00. (Fish with Pearl Couscous and Chicken Ranchero with Corn Pudding and 2 iced teas). The bill was a bit more than I thought it should be. But overall the food was good. I'd go again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I lived in New Mexico for several years and I sure do miss this place. Having visited here just recently again after many years, I realized how awesome this place is. They have wonderful food and desserts, great selection for every palate, and a great open area just to chill and enjoy time with your friends and family. If you are in Albuquerque, this is a MUST stop as it is quick and easy and very very good food. I believe the prices are reasonable and the portions are excellent. Some people have mentioned that their prices are high, but if you want fresh ingredients and homemade food to order, I believe it's worth it. Everything is fresh! Great place, great people watching, nice space to read a book and chill. Go check it out.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food, drink and ambiance is key to the enjoyment my friends and I have whenever we gather at Flying Star either on Paseo or on Menaul! it has such a warm and friendly atmosphere and sometimes we gather to play games - and the staff is always so interested in how we are doing and what we are doing - and the food is wonderful - particularly all of the desserts!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I discovered this chain a year ago when visiting a friend in Albuquerque. I liked that they supposedly used natural meats and eggs, etc.. in their menu items. I was in town this past weekend for the Balloon festival and stayed with my friend close to the site on Corrales by Alameda. Went every day for 3 days, either a meal or dessert. Clean setting, reasonable coffee and free refills and then you are fleeced with the cost of food and desserts. Example: The Cobb salad looked big but it's all lettuce. I received (3) fingertip portions of turkey/chicken, a few crumbles of blue cheese, (3) paper thin slices of avocado, (2) fingertip portions of bacon, etc,, AND lots of lettuce. Yes, it was tasty. BUT at $11 or so, huge profit for them and I was hungry about 2 hours later. Example: I noticed the cake and pie slices are now thinner than ever. They appear to be cut at 10-12 serving portions per item. At an average cost of $6.95, that means they are making $69-$83 per whole item with consideration of nonimal production cost. That's an atrocious mark-up for a casual sitting restaurant. On two occasions, I asked about the ingredients as I do not like gelatin which is a cheap filler or used to bulk up a frosting or other item. One time it took 10 minutes for a response, the second time it took FORTY MINUTES...after which I'd already left the questionable part of the bakery item uneaten. They definitely are selling easy wi-fi, relaxing coffee, etc.., When my friend said that it's better to go to other places, she was correct. GRAB A COFFEE HERE OR A PLAIN CROISSANT OR MAYBE A BREAKFAST......But otherwise, you are not getting much value for your $$. If you are curious about what a dessert mark-up should be: http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/menus/restaurant-markups4.htm