“Convienient, but others in price range offer more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Albuquerque - Midtown

Motel 6 Albuquerque - Midtown
Ranked #120 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
San Pedro Sula
“Convienient, but others in price range offer more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here one night, planning for 2 but they increased the price on Thurs. due to the upcoming balloon festival, which did not even start until Sat. morning, so I moved to another very comprable hotel that was cheaper. I marked the "service block" down for the raising the price 2 days before the festival. The hotel appears to be fairly new and was very nice. My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes though and had an ashtray that was flipped upside down. The bottom had a no smoking symbol, but when you flipped the ashtray over the sympol was gone so there you go. There were a few cigarette burns on the sink fixture so obviously the room had been used for smoking previously. But it did not reek bad so I did not complain. The shower appeared new. Not happy that the Wi-Fi cost $2.99 per day when other Motel 6's I have stayed in recently gave it away free as did the hotel I moved to. Only coffee in the morning, no continental breakfast or anything. Pool was nice. This hotel is right on the side of highway 40, and the traffic noise never goes away. That did not bother me but it would my mother. This is a nice place, but there are other nice motels in town offering more for the same or cheaper price. Many others in town offer free wi-fi and breakfast included, same price as here during the week and cheaper on weekends. See my review on the Rodeway Inn where I moved to Thurs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank mm112233

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We rolled in on a Sat morning without reservations & staff was extremely friendly & went out of their way to get a room cleaned so we could check in. Located next to I-25 very close to Univer of NM & the football, baseball and BMX stadiums. Other side of I-25 is a little run down older neighboorhood but we had no problems. Rooms & bed were clean and comfortable. Pillows really slim but we broguht our own. The rooms have hardwood floors rather than carpet which we like cuz we travel with 2 big dogs. Just one very small patch of grass for dogs. We moved to another Motel 6 after 2 nites though to be closer to restuarants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

So for those of you who didn't have the luxury if growing up in ABQ (sarcasm)... this hotel is in a really really shady part of town. Do not bring valuable items with you and if you do... do not ever leave them in your car here. They WILL be taken. Every time i have stayed at this motel the police have been called for some sort of disturbance. That being said, The room quality is average, but the customer service is amazing. If i ever have a problem, the staff is eager to help. This is a good place to stay if you are a college kid or a young adult traveling on a budget. This is not a place for any sort of romance or business travel. So if you are adventurous, brave, and strapped for cash... stay here. But don't forget to bring your mace. What goes down in the parking lot is scary. Not a place for kids... but a good place to save money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank missitty
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

There's very little good to say about this motel. It's cheap. With coupon you can get a room with less than 30 dollars without bit over 30. But. Our room had a bad case of molding carpet. It was freesingly cold and when a/c turned to warm the smell was really bad. Aparently wifi is only in few rooms only. We found this out by trying it ourself, the staff didn't bother. Never the less the staff was more than willing to sell us cards for wifi (3.21 inc. tax). In the morning, when we tried to sort things out, we were litterally shouted out by the staff. Sad experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Linden, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I would not recommend staying at any Motel 6 chains. They have really lowered their standards. You no longer get an alarm clock, shampoo, tissue, etc. You only get toilet paper. Very disappointing! Price was good but now I know why! I would have preferred to stay a bit closer to the downtown area but we had a car and were only there for one night.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank MarlaB
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

The staff was nice. We came to Albuquerque earlier than expected and were glad to find a hotel close to all the places we wanted to visit. The bed mattress needed replacement. The room was clean. The ice machine was broken, but they had provided a cooler with ice - which is better than doing without. I didn't like all the activity in the parking lot. Going outside to my car to get some of my belongings - I was approached by someone asking for money. Later that evening we saw two men outside that looked like they were up to no good. One was carrying around a pillow they were looking into car windows - probably trying to break in to the cars. I reported it to the hotel main desk and kept a watch at my window. I didn't see a police cruiser show up or anything. We only stayed one night as we felt unsafe.

• Liked — Staff was friendly.
  • Disliked — No security a lot of crime.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank softmelody
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

I have stayed a many motel 6's and I have to say this is one of the best. Clean room and friendly staff. when I need to stay in Albq again I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Travelingsalespro