“Exactly what I expect from motel 6”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - Midtown
Ranked #117 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located right off the expressway. This made it easy to find with google maps. The price was great just under $50 a night including Internet. The staff was really welcoming when I arrived and helpful. My room was clean. My room was updated and fresh. My room smelled refreshing. There are plenty of towels and hot water. The ice machine is easy to get to. There is a very nice pool and a clean laundry room with pay-to-wash machines. All very convenient. No traffic noise. One of the best nights sleep I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Albuquerque - Midtown

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I found the new flooring much nicer than the worn industrial carpet found in comparably priced motels in the central ABQ area. Traffic noise can be a little distracting, but all the lodging in this area has that. Very clean with nice staff. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Room was small. If single youre ok..otherwise more than 1 person id go elsewhere. Constantly adjusting the shower temperture..if you think you have it where you want it..wait a few minutes it will change. Bed was hard, no carpet, no bathtub, microwave, coffee maker or even a bottle of shampoo. I stayed on the lower floor, so I was able to hear everyone drag their luggage up and down the top floor. The rooms are well insulated nor do they give you enough blankets to keep you warm. I brought my own for cases like this. The office staff during the day was nice but the night personal terrible. I needed the key to my room re-keyed 3x's during my 4 day stay. They blamed this on my cell phone. I thought the first time ok..but the second and third I didnt have my phone on me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The service is great here, the rooms are nice and the coffee is pretty good. The rooms were nice with the laminate floors. It is clean and comfortable. The pool is nice. We enjoyed our night here and would stay again when in the area. You have to pay for internet and they do not serve breakfast but with the low rates you can splurge for the internet and breakfast near by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Typical room layout for a motel in this class. Interior was recently redone, making the stay pleasant. Clean room, comfortable bed and new bathroom is all one needs for a single night. With the low price it was a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place is just plain sad. I booked this particular location because of the review I read from another visitor. He was wrong. Yes this place has been remodeled but, it looks as though they used materials they picked up at a garage sale. The floors are all lanolium, no carpeting, which is really nice to have when you're away from home. The shower looked newer, but it was tiny and hard to move around in without bumping into the walls. The TV was small and old, the sink was new but there wasn't much room to put your things down. The linnen was bad; the bedspreads had stains all over them. The towels were grimy as if an auto mechanic just wiped his hands on them. I asked for new towels but they didn't have any. I asked for another pillow and again, they were out. The walls were thin and being located between the freeway and University Blvd sure was noisy. The clientel was a little spooky, made me nervous to be there. The staff was very nice, but they screwed up my reservation and had to find another room for me when I arrived. The next day my card key didn't work and again we had to speak with the front desk to get it straightened out. I'm familiar with Albuquerque and should have known better than to stay in this area but another review said this place was nice. I learned my lesson.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, this place is between the freeway and a busy street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank casabear
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This is one of the best Motel 6's I've ever been in. The rooms are newly renovated and they look beautiful. Wood floors, color schemed wall paint with bed sheets!! Bathroom has a lighted towel portal and a beautiful vessel bath sink. New shower stalls and modern light fixtures. Cleanest motel room I've ever been in. Had to stay 3 nights there, then came back 5 days later into another room and it was spotless, too. Front desk was awesome, helped me with directions and attractions throughout the city. All that was missing was the $150 mint on the pillow!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business