“Really good food and service too.”

Pizzeria Luca and Wine Bar
Ranked #241 of 1,857 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Salad dressing was freshly made - not store bought and you you tell and taste that in other foods they served.
Baked ziti was a hit as was the pizza and chicken Parmesan. Only disappointment was they were out of cheesecake but the cannelloni was a good replacement. Will go back again. Waitress was friendly, attentive and personable.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tried this place for the first time. Had their pizza and salad for lunch. Being from NY I am very fussy about pizza. I learned the owners hail from NJ so I ordered pizza and salad for lunch. It was unbelievably good. The crust was perfect and the sauce was tasty and a balanced with the right amount of cheese. The salad was fresh with a nice balsamic dressing on the side. It's a repeat experience when I am in town!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Figured a simple scheme: Call in an order and pick it up. Girl at other end hung up right away by mistake I guess, then couldn't figure out an item I was requesting. I was looking at their website but she didn't know about it. ?????!!! It was just freakin pasta w/ oil as a side. Anyhow she calls me back while I'm driving to ask me more about it??? I go in and this is where my skill of patience helps save me from acting like an indignant jerk. The reality is quickly obvious from seeing her efforts, talking to her, and seeing the 'help' the manager. She has been working for an hour or two, VERY new. Trying desperately to make sense of me asking for something that is not on their simple paper menu or on her order computer. Well here meanders the manager, the guy that apparently never trained her, with a REALLY spaced out look, holding a dirty dish and kinda shuffling around. I'm a customer there at their front, I should be picking up my order, not trying to show them what they show as their menu online, and anyhow its just freakin noodles w/ oil and I want to get the damn simple order in! He vaguely mumbles somethings to her, apparently requires a completely bizarrre computer process that includes a blank entry and having her type out 'angel hair pasta' as if its a new creation. This manager literally walked away in mid 'help' because he was too busy 'sorta' bussing a single plate from a table. He showed he cares nothing for good service by way of anything like training, and when the situation was demanding his quick decisive and apologetic attention he just wandered off looking a bit 'off'. Poor girl and I'm glad I didn't get pissed at her. And I'm not pissed at him either because maybe he just got a death threat from the Mafia and was understandably distracted. I mean its possibility. If not Luca-get it together!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been customers since they opened and sadly, they haven't fixed the level of service or improved the quality of the food. They have great possibilities!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am always delighted to come to this wonderful eatery which is so close and quiet but harder and harder to get into because others are discovering it also! a nice problem! The food is fabulous, the staff is very friendly and management makes it their business to be sure we are having a positive experience - KUDOS!