“Tastes like homemade!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Albuquerque, NM
“Tastes like homemade!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I went with his family to dine here a little while back. There were seven of us on a crowded Saturday night. It took a bit to seat us, but we were able to squeeze into a few empty seats at the bar while we waited. I am happy to say the food was worth the wait. We ordered a Caesar salad (it was on special that evening) which was delicious, and a margherita pizza with green chile. It was fabulous; it reminded me of when we would make homemade pizza when I was a kid but better. The mozzarella they used was fresh and melted in your mouth. The crust was wood oven style, kind of on the thin side, and delightfully cooked. It was crunchy enough to stand on its own. Usually when I get wood oven style at most places, the slice itself has a limpness like it can use a couple more minutes to cook on the bottom. Not here - it was great and held it's own. There was also a good beer and wine selection including some local brews.
We decided to get a meatball sub to go for the next day. They packed all of the components separately so nothing would get soggy, and it made a great lunch.
Also, they have a menu item for your dog, which makes me think their patio may be pet friendly, but I haven't been able to come across that information just yet. But if it is, that would make me and my dogs pretty happy.
I would go back here again; it's not very close to where I live. The only complaint I have is that it can get pretty crowded in there since it's not a very large place. You might be bumping into some other patrons. I'd overlook that for some good pizza though. :)

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank cordium23

“False Advertising”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Looked them up on web to make sure they were open late. When I got there the door was locked. Bartender just ignored me but finally a young lady opened the door when I pointed at the times on the door. She said she was sorry that it was a problem because those hours are for later in the year (summer). So i haven't tried the food and thus the 3s I gave were because NA is not a choice for this review. However, I probably wont try it now. Too much competition in ABQ and this is enough to keep me going to other places. I did get a look inside and I am not crazy about the emphasis on the bar either ... I just want good pie.

1 Thank nmtiger82
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“nice variety to the area”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I live on ventura and I know that there aren't many restaurant options for us around here, so i am delighted to see a new restaurant. I like the atmosphere, very pretty restaurant. The pizza had great crust and I really liked the green chile that was used. Their beer sizes are kinda small, along with their salads. Other than that thought it was a fabulous restaurant. I would compare this place to an Il Viccion, however i think they still aren't quite there. ( I am biased, because Il Viccino is one of my favorite pizza/salad places)

• Visited January 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Doing it right!”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great spot doing ti right. Using the best ingredients they can get and boasting a killer wine list by the glass. They are committed to doing it right and bend over backwards to insure that you have a wonderful experience.

While I haven't tried everything on the menu, what I hgave tried is delicious and noteworthy. If the holiday celebrating didn't put you on a diet and off food, try their Mac and Cheese. Naw....................try it regardless!!

Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited December 2011