“great deal for a week”

Ranked #92 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boulder, Colorado
“great deal for a week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in Albuquerque -- clean, cheap, queen-size bed, and you get a kitchen for a good weekly rate. Can't beat it. Less than one mile from a much more expensive hotel where my annual conference is held, and you do not even get a refrigerator there for more than twice the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank grand51paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was a little leery about going here because I had heard some of the long-term residents were a little sketchy and that the police were here a lot. Well, the police did show up to serve a search warrant on a resident while I was here, but apparently they didn't find anything. They were searching for stolen property. In any event, I really didn't feel unsafe while I was here. The service was good and the room is excellent for the money. It's about half the price of the glitzy hotels in the heart of town. I loved having the fridge and kitchen while I was there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vatonorteno
EL PASO TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

STUDIO 6,BANG FOR THE BUCK,,great placed to stay fully equiped kitche with pots,plates,stove micro and fridge,,great if you have a family,,i paid 39 for one bed i think is 44 for 2 queens,,,has wifi for a fee,washing machines,free hbo movies,cartoon netwoork,,free cofee,god nice tub for a hit tub shower after a long day of work or droving,across the freway 25 I25,You have many restaurants and a walmart,,,great deak clean and quiet will come back

Room Tip: buy groceries near the walmart across the I-25..you also have a cirkle k near by,,,comes handy if yo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PANCHOBARRONR
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Only 3 miles from the Balloon Fiesta Park, this hotel is convenient for attending the hot air balloon fiesta in October. Our room was clean with a kitchenette, table and chairs and space to store our things. We reserved a non-smoking room and that’s what we got—no smoke smell. The receptionist was very friendly and offered maps and information about the fiesta. The hotel offers high speed wireless internet for a nominal fee for your entire stay. Studio 6 is an extended stay hotel and offers maid service once a week which keeps their rates low. They will exchange linens and towels at the office at other times. Our building was quiet throughout our 9-night stay. Many balloonists were staying here. There are many nearby restaurants on San Mateo Drive. Possibly this hotel has made some changes since these previous reviews. We had a good stay. A good rate for a hotel with a kitchenette near the fiesta park.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joyfuljourneys26
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We really liked the room. Because it had a full kitchen with skillets and everything. The receptionist was very nice and she help me with directions to the mall.
I would only want wi fi for free though.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank pipaguapique
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

This place was a real dump. Front desk was so damn rude. Housekeeping was lazy. Stayed for 18 days never had my room vaccumed or linens changed. Had to throw my own trash. Asked the housekeeper if I could use the vaccum and she got a damn attitude as if I asked her to do it. She told me to go get one from the office. Asking for trash bags or toliet paper was aslo a big deal. Had to take my own linens to the front desk and they only sent me back with sheets promising me blankets as soon as they were clean. Which I never saw for 4 days. Freezing my buns off all those nights. Front desk lady blew me off because she was too busy flirting with male customers or was too drunk to care. Housekeeper would spend hours with the next door brothers. Dont stay here. Youve been warned. Unpleasant and uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank mrodrx33
S6029, General Manager at Studio 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
We at Studio 6 Are committed to have the best customer service in the industry. At check in all guests are notified of housekeeping services and office hours. Although we are an extend stay property designed to have guests stay with from one week or a couple of years, we offer a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. We do strive to the best hotel in Albuquerque and I challenge any one to come stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Yuma, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Apparently I booked the wrong place. I read decent reviews about a Motel 6 Albuquerque North and I thought this was it. I was wrong. The room was small (cramped) and not very nice. The sheets and towels appeared clean but were dingy and poor quality. Thankfully I always bring my own pillow and blanket when I travel. This is an "extended stay" type place and it did indeed appear that there were some long term guests. The bed was uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well because I was afraid my car would be gone in the morning. There was loud music playing at night and screaming kids running around in the morning. The front desk clerk was pleasant but gave me two key cards that didn't work and I had to walk back up there (in the rain) to get new ones. My husband turned on the coffee maker in the morning and we didn't realize that it was broken until it spilled coffee all over the counter (and onto some of our luggage). I won't ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple