“Not recommended.....”

Studio 6 Albuquerque North
Ranked #97 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Apparently I booked the wrong place. I read decent reviews about a Motel 6 Albuquerque North and I thought this was it. I was wrong. The room was small (cramped) and not very nice. The sheets and towels appeared clean but were dingy and poor quality. Thankfully I always bring my own pillow and blanket when I travel. This is an "extended stay" type place and it did indeed appear that there were some long term guests. The bed was uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well because I was afraid my car would be gone in the morning. There was loud music playing at night and screaming kids running around in the morning. The front desk clerk was pleasant but gave me two key cards that didn't work and I had to walk back up there (in the rain) to get new ones. My husband turned on the coffee maker in the morning and we didn't realize that it was broken until it spilled coffee all over the counter (and onto some of our luggage). I won't ever stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BABZZZZZ

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This very old and dilapidated Studio 6 in Albuquerque was really terrible. In addition to the sheets and blankets feeling like sandpaper with cigarette burns/holes in the blanket, the carpet being horribly stained and frayed at the edges, the air-conditioners (2nd one I got) making a hideously loud noise every time the compressor came on preventing me from making business calls, cramped parking, and housekeeping doing a so-so job on cleaning, someone was stabbed 4 doors down from me leaving a trail of blood for all to see. This is a nice area of town, but I don't recommend staying here for ANY length of time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Dovesong888
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Reserved a non-smoking room. Room wreaked of smoke. Floors and toilet were dirty. Had to put an additional $25 deposit because we were paying cash. Office was not open until 9:00am. Our visit, no one there until 9:30am.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PunkinDunkin
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Poorly maintained and chaotic. Cold water to the building was disconnected the first night and the desk staff passed the buck to the night clerk by lying to my face about it. Rooms were loud from the nearby roadway, and some of the other guests, who may have serious behavior problems which they can indulge uninterrupted by any security personnel or staff. Was considering moving to Albuquerque, and this place was one of the things that convinced me that it would be a mistake.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank SFbay1310
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We booked a week stay at this hotel in march of this year. We have all of our arrangements made and were looking forward to seeing the Balloon Fiesta this year. Last evening we received a call stating we were moved to another hotel nearby and to call them with our credit card number. Suspicious of fraud we called the hotel to speak the the person who called and directed to his voicemail which did not answer (hmm voicemail full?). We then contacted motel 6 and were told our reservation was cancelled. We explained that we did not cancell our reservation. The response "I only take reservations". Well after persistance finally were told that they ovebooked this hotel (a glitch in the system). The hotel they moved us to has poor ratings on tripadvisor and did not pick it due to this. So we are beside ourselves with our plans. There are virtually no other hotels rooms available with such short notice for such a large event. I can't help but wonder if now they are accepting new reservations at a higher rate. How many others will soon be adding their comments here.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gmanonthego
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The price is right, and the room was clean for a middle of the road level motel. Near some shops and restaurant. I like the kitchenette area. Downside of things was the smell of tobacco smoke. Also, there was an "escort" near my room who had several visitors during my one day stay there and that made me a little uneasy. WiFi was available.
I would still recommend it and would stay there again next time in Albuquerque perhaps.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Before you check in you can see a model room adjacent to the check-in desk. This is good because the room is small, although the bathroom is decent size and so is the kitchen area. The best feature of the room was an eating counter about 3 x 5 feet in area which was very handy for eating and working. Also good was the kitchen cupboard space and the 6 drawer low profile bureau. The room was very clean and we arranged for daily room service. The exterior of the buildings is attractive and parking is adequate. We were very pleased with the room and the facility and consider it one of the best bargains we have ever found. We stayed five nights and were out and around during the day so the small room size was not a problem for us. We will sltay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple