“Up Up and Away!”

Private Balloon Flights
Ranked #6 of 41 Tours in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Balloon Flights is an Accident Free balloon ride operator flying thousands of passengers in total safety and comfort. Don't fly with 10 to 12 people you don't know, enjoy a private basket just for your party, or a shared basket limited to no more than 6 passengers plus our pilot!
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Up Up and Away!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a terrific experience with Bentley and his crew for our first balloon ride experience! We selected the flight option where we shared the ride with two other couples to reduce the cost. Bentley made sure we were all comfortable. Bentley was very thorough in his explanations of what we would experience on a flight and what we may need to do in an emergency. The experience includes helping inflate the balloon, two groups go on the experience so that each group has the chance to participate in the chase, and finally the landing and packing of the equipment. Final experience is the champagne brunch which was simply bubbly and a few breakfast snack rolls. The experience was terrific!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“First Balloon Flight”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I went up in a balloon with Captain Bentley on April 28th. We were able to help set up the balloon, get in, and take pictures before takeoff. The experience was amazing! Bentley and his crew are wonderful people. They share information to answer any questions and make sure you feel comfortable the whole flight. They make sure they do a pre- flight so everyone knows what is expected of them during the flight; there are no suprises. I wouldn't fly with any other company after how well we were treated by this company! After the flight, we were able to help put the balloon away and they drove us back to the park. We had snacks, drinks, and were given a ton of gifts for riding and we were able to learn the history of the balloons. It was an incredible experience and I would encourage anyone to ride with Private Balloon Flights.
Thank you for the wonderful experience! You will definitely see us again!

Rockford, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Lifetime Goal Achieved”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have always wanted to experience a hot air balloon ride, so a wedding anniversary gift from the kids allowed my husband and I to do so! I selected this company because they offered rides for just two people and they were very helpful and informative when I called. Well, Captain James gave us a wonderful experience, and it was so interesting to participate in inflating the balloon and packing it up afterwards as well. It was just great floating quietly over Albuquerque in the early morning and I wish it could have lasted all day!!!

Keller, Texas
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was all I expected and more! My husband and I called the night before and they were very accommodating and told us we could fly the next morning! It's early but so worth it. The view was beautiful and we even got close enough to the ground to see some jackrabbits running. Captain Bentley was very experienced and had us all at ease cracking jokes and was also full of information. He has been flying since he was little, so I was never afraid! They have a great crew and made the whole trip enjoyable! Please note, the breakfast is just muffins and juice...but with the thrill of the flight and the champagne toast that is all you need!

St. Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First, but not last balloon flight!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our pilot was Captain Bentley, we took our ride on March 27. My husband who works for a major airlines as a Quality Program Manager was very impressed by Capt. Bentley's knowledge and expertise. For myself, I was totally "awestruck" and wished I could fly everyday! I am afraid of heights, however, the flight didn't seem to bring those fears out! It was smooth, interesting, the sights and sounds, and perfect landing was an incredible experience. Capt. Bentley, I feel put everyone at ease with his confident demeanor, and explaining everything to us.
My husband who knows FAA inside and out highly recommends, and for myself, I do too, because being "awestruck" is totally "awesome"!

Visited March 2013
Captain Bentley S, Manager at Private Balloon Flights, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your feed back! We are glad you enjoyed your flight with our company! We strive to create a great flying experience for everyone from the novice first time flyer, to experienced aviation industry members like you! I am glad I was able to be the pilot assigned to your flight, and would look forward to the opportunity to guide you on another "Awesome" flight with Private Balloon Flights in the future!

Many Soft Landings!