“First, but not last balloon flight!”

Private Balloon Flights
Ranked #6 of 41 Tours in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Balloon Flights is an Accident Free balloon ride operator flying thousands of passengers in total safety and comfort. Don't fly with 10 to 12 people you don't know, enjoy a private basket just for your party, or a shared basket limited to no more than 6 passengers plus our pilot!
St. Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First, but not last balloon flight!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our pilot was Captain Bentley, we took our ride on March 27. My husband who works for a major airlines as a Quality Program Manager was very impressed by Capt. Bentley's knowledge and expertise. For myself, I was totally "awestruck" and wished I could fly everyday! I am afraid of heights, however, the flight didn't seem to bring those fears out! It was smooth, interesting, the sights and sounds, and perfect landing was an incredible experience. Capt. Bentley, I feel put everyone at ease with his confident demeanor, and explaining everything to us.
My husband who knows FAA inside and out highly recommends, and for myself, I do too, because being "awestruck" is totally "awesome"!

Visited March 2013
Captain Bentley S, Manager at Private Balloon Flights, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your feed back! We are glad you enjoyed your flight with our company! We strive to create a great flying experience for everyone from the novice first time flyer, to experienced aviation industry members like you! I am glad I was able to be the pilot assigned to your flight, and would look forward to the opportunity to guide you on another "Awesome" flight with Private Balloon Flights in the future!

Many Soft Landings!

Captain Bentley

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scared to death to begging for another flight”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been on any number of baloon flights. Private Baloon Flights is at the top of the list. Captain James was able to calm and sooth the first time frighten passengers, made the experience personal, fun and educational. He pointed out various sights he thought we would like to see from another perspective. Answered all the childrens questions, described his training and his joy of flying. It was infectious. The terrified were eager to take another flight, next time I will bring my video, and some warmer layers of clothing for all..... The post flight ceremony was enchanting, my certificate shines on the office wall, we all wore our pins home, and the tee shirts were the envey of the family.
Thank you for completing a wonderful trip to Albuquerque.
Mitchell M Pinetop Arizona

Visited March 2013
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was an incredible experience. I am terrified of heights and had so much fun that I forgot! I highly recommend flying with Captain Bentley and the crew!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and exciting first balloon ride”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Definitely a 5 star experience. Capt Bentley was fun and kept the fight interesting. 2 other companies cancelled on us because they didn't have a full basket. We flew in a small basket which made the experience a very personal one. Very reasonable pricing. I would highly recommend this company

Captain Bentley S, Manager at Private Balloon Flights, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased that you enjoyed your flight with us! We do not fly the larger 8 to 16 passenger baskets, so we only require 2 guests for a flight. We are sorry the other 2 "high volume" companies cancelled you, and with our company you will still get to go even if we don't have any other guests to put in with you! We offer the shared basket discount for those like you who don't mind 1 or 2 other couples, but there is not a guarantee we will even put the 6 total passengers we can accommodate on our family sized balloons! If you ever make it back to Albuquerque, we would be honored to take you for another Amazing balloon ride!

Soft Landings!,

Captain Bentley
Plano, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had an incredible time with Captain Ron of Private Balloon Flights!!! I had flown before, but my husband had not. This experience was much better than my first mostly because the weather was cooler and the landing site was ideal! Everyone was very nice and it was a lot of fun! I can't wait to go up again!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Shannon K
Captain Bentley S, Manager at Private Balloon Flights, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking a few moments to let other travelers know how much you enjoyed your balloon flight! We are glad you selected Private Balloon Flights, and that your flight exceeded your expectations based on your previous ballooning experience elsewhere. We sincerely appreciate your business, and hope you are able to come back and fly again with us! We also welcome everyone else to enjoy our personal balloon flight service! Thanks Again, Captain Bentley