“Updated Review-Unremarkable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The new updated menu isn’t vegetarian friendly. I was frankly shocked not to see my favorite item, Southwestern Fettuccine on the menu. I wasn’t in the mood for meat or fish, I just wanted pasta. The waitperson suggested the penne, which wasn’t on the menu. I had that. It was unremarkable. I was so disappointed with my latest experience that, I will not take my out of town guests or my family back.

1  Thank SkipponRoute66

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We needed to have lunch before we were able to set up our booth at the Convention Center . The Forque was convenient. I'm not always a fan of the hotel restaurants, but the food at the Forque was very good. Fresh bread and the variety of entrees. If I had a complaint it was that the service was slow, but then when you're in a hurry, it always seems to take too long.

I would eat there again, but if I were taking clients, I would likely find another restaurant in Old Town.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I decided to try Forque after having had several recommendations against walking around the area by myself. (I'm staying at the hotel Forque is located in.) The menu looked really promising, and I was anxious to try dinner. Overall, the food was good, but the experience was overshadowed by the poor service. It took forever for my dinner order to be taken, forever for my meal to come, forever for my water glass to get filled, etc. The 4-top sitting down from me actually got up and went to the bar to get refills on their drinks. By the time I was finished with my dinner, I debated about ordering dessert as I was ready to leave. But I was hungry for something sweet, so decided to order. Again, it took longer than it should have to have the waitress bring the menu, take my order, and for my dessert to come. I was glad I gotten it to go. I could understand it if they were busy, but most of the restaurant was empty. It was too bad - I enjoyed the short rib and oyster mushroom sauce. The carrots that came with them looked as if they were cooked, but were raw - not my thing. But the rest of the dish was quite tasty and something I'd recommend getting.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I sat at a table in the bar area, which while knowing that can be a toss up on service, was still extremely disappointed. My waitress was continuously slow on "checking" on me and at one point, I had been out of water for so long, I went up to bar to get a refill. My waitress never even acknowledged this or apologized for it. Terrible service.

I ordered the elder flower margarita, which was quite tasty but not quite strong enough and the short ribs. The short ribs came with mushrooms that were a little too rich, gnocchi that was really good and vegetables that were grilled perfectly. The portion of meat was small, enough for me, a female but probably not enough food to satisfy a male appetite.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

A very healthy and reasonably priced breakfast! With coffee and juice it was around $13. Excellent servers.