“Slow service but very good food”

Forque Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #194 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Slow service but very good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We needed to have lunch before we were able to set up our booth at the Convention Center . The Forque was convenient. I'm not always a fan of the hotel restaurants, but the food at the Forque was very good. Fresh bread and the variety of entrees. If I had a complaint it was that the service was slow, but then when you're in a hurry, it always seems to take too long.

I would eat there again, but if I were taking clients, I would likely find another restaurant in Old Town.

Visited October 2012

Tampa Bay, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I decided to try Forque after having had several recommendations against walking around the area by myself. (I'm staying at the hotel Forque is located in.) The menu looked really promising, and I was anxious to try dinner. Overall, the food was good, but the experience was overshadowed by the poor service. It took forever for my dinner order to be taken, forever for my meal to come, forever for my water glass to get filled, etc. The 4-top sitting down from me actually got up and went to the bar to get refills on their drinks. By the time I was finished with my dinner, I debated about ordering dessert as I was ready to leave. But I was hungry for something sweet, so decided to order. Again, it took longer than it should have to have the waitress bring the menu, take my order, and for my dessert to come. I was glad I gotten it to go. I could understand it if they were busy, but most of the restaurant was empty. It was too bad - I enjoyed the short rib and oyster mushroom sauce. The carrots that came with them looked as if they were cooked, but were raw - not my thing. But the rest of the dish was quite tasty and something I'd recommend getting.

• Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Good Food, Poor Service, Average Bar Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I sat at a table in the bar area, which while knowing that can be a toss up on service, was still extremely disappointed. My waitress was continuously slow on "checking" on me and at one point, I had been out of water for so long, I went up to bar to get a refill. My waitress never even acknowledged this or apologized for it. Terrible service.

I ordered the elder flower margarita, which was quite tasty but not quite strong enough and the short ribs. The short ribs came with mushrooms that were a little too rich, gnocchi that was really good and vegetables that were grilled perfectly. The portion of meat was small, enough for me, a female but probably not enough food to satisfy a male appetite.

San Diego, California
“Great Oatmeal and fresh sauteed bananas and strawberries.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

A very healthy and reasonably priced breakfast! With coffee and juice it was around $13. Excellent servers.

Visited September 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“They didn't even try”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went for breakfast, they took our order and were good at first, slow to bring water and drinks but that was okay. Then they came after 15 minutes to tell us that one of the orders wasn't available, the manager said she would be right back to get another order and never showed up again. Then we asked for the waiter who walked by us twice. They finally took the order when they brought everyone the food for everyone else, which was cold. The manager finally brought out the last plate and apologized which we pointed out she never came back to even take the order. She said there was nothing she could do and walked away. Breakfast was already included in the hotel package so they offered nothing for a terrible meal. We saw another man just walk out on them with his own issues. Terrible customer service! For a hotel chain, they should be embarrassed.

• Visited September 2012