“Impressive beer selection”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Impressive beer selection”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

After going to the Speakeasy Dinner at Hotel Anduluz, we decided to go to the tasting room. It is always a joy to see a TripAdvisor decal in the window. I know I am going to a cool place. So thank you to the people who have been there before me. We went on a Thursday afternoon around 3:30. The tasting room was filling up quickly. There was no space at the bar so we sat at a table. We ordered the seasonal sampler. We received a Pyramid Rock Amber Ale, Dank, Full Pint Ale, La Roja, a Dortmunder and a Cafe con Leche. Usually when I have a tasting, I like one maybe two of the beers and can't stand the rest. However, these beers were all delicious so much so that it was hard to figure out which one to have as a pint. I really appreciate that you are told by the wait staff that you will be only served three beers. I decided to have the sampler as my beers and bring home a growler. Of course I had to join the mug club. I figure that every time I am in that part of town, I will stop by to get a refill. BTW the growler has a handsome design. I am amazed at the high quality of all the beers. They were tasty and complex. I liked the color as well. Time well spent. I took home a growler of the South Peak Pilsner. Take that Pilsner Urquell. I am not even mentioning the American beer with the great TV commercials.
There was a food truck out front selling pizza but I can't remember its name. I thought that was a great idea. The pizza looked really good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SkipponRoute66

Kempner, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Brewpub in ABQ”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If my wife and I lived in Albuquerque, we would carve our names on a bar stool. Not just the best beer in ABQ, but in our humble opinion one of the finest watering holes we know period. Funky, but friendly and situated in a warehouse area, La Cumbre was filled with working folks, post-workout folks, and assorted locals. It was the perfect spot where everybody feels comfortable carrying on a conversation with neighbors. We learned some great things about the area chatting with locals who gave us every tip and recommendation you could imagine. The beers were sublime. Their IPA was one of the best I've ever had, easily on par with Stone or Goose Island. Their cask conditioned Oatmeal Stout, however, would bring a smile to the lips of any beer connoisseur : full-bodied, but so mellow and smooth with lingering notes of coffee and chocolate; very reminiscent of Young's Oatmeal Stout. While they do not serve food, the BBQ food truck out front was doing a booming business and the guy running the truck was a riot! La Cumbre, if we lived in ABQ, you would be our Cheers!

Santa Fe
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fabulous brewpub”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just a quick review, La Cumbre brew pub is by far one of the best brew pubs I have experienced. The Project Dank is a remarkable ale, Hopefully in the future they will have it on cask. Located in an industrial area, the only drawback is parking, but worth the effort. Cheers

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Some of the best beer in ABQ, great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a must-see destination if you like beer. They have a few beers that are prestigious award winners (Project Dank is a fantastic double IPA), and on the weekends they usually have some pretty sweet music acts. There's a food truck parked outside sometimes.

Durham, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Off the beaten path brewery in ABQ”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stopped by this brewery to try their offerings one Sunday afternoon. It was relatively busy with local afternoon traffic. It is not located where you would think a brewery would be located, in a more industrial part of town. They have a bar downstairs with some tables available and additional seating and a pool table upstairs. I tried a flight of beers - there were a couple great ones (the IPA) and the rest were good but not my preference. Definitely worth a visit if you like to know the local beer options, but not my favorite pick. Three beer limit per person in the tap room; if you are planning a rowdy night take home a growler with your favorite.

Visited November 2013