“Just wonderful! Healthy, tasty, fun place, good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Vegan

Thai Vegan
Ranked #43 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Neighborhood: Raynolds Addition
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Just wonderful! Healthy, tasty, fun place, good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My first lunch visit to Thai Vegan was just great! I walked into the colorful and fun restaurant was greeted promptly with a smile by my hostess. Not overly done or extravagant but fun and clean. All food is organic without additives or preservatives. I ordered spicy eggplant with chicken tofu on the luncheon specials. This was presented with a side salad with a nice light house dressing, and dirty rice. Portions were appropriate. Presentation on the plate was eye appealing. The taste was wonderful! Eggplant was nice and tender and spiced just right. Even the rice had a nice flavor to it. Jasmine hot tea accompanied my lunch. Price was reasonable and well worth it! Too full for dessert but had some nice looking items to choose from! Overall impression---Just wonderful!

• Visited January 2013

Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a vegan but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Even though we are not vegans we decided to go to Thai Vegan just to try something different... what we had to lose??? Well, if we didn't go we were about to lose a LOT!! We still remember the taste of the food there!! The fun part of this was that we kept asking the waiters if it is really vegan food as the taste was beyond excellent!!! Recommended even to NOT vegans...

Visited November 2012
Solana Beach, California
“Yum! I can't believe it's vegan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We love this spot. The food is always fresh and tastes really really good. We also feel good knowing that we are eating healthy and supporting out vegan friends and their causes. The kids like it too! The spicy seafood (not real seafood) noodle soup and red coconut curry are among our favorite dishes. The waitstaff are super nice and I hear that the owner comes out frequently to speak with guests. Also, the ambience and decor is very nice.

• Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“I can't believe it didn't have meat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I love meat--lot's and lot's of meat. So, when our friends took us to this restaurant for dinner my only thought was, oh no! But, I have to admit, that this was one of the best tasting meals I have had in a long time. I don't remember exactly what dish I ordered--it was mixed vegetables with the pseudo soy based chicken. The "chicken" really had the right texture, but the most important thing was that the spicing and mix of flavors in the sauce were exquisite. It is a great value for the price. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit that when I got home that night, I did make myself a hamburger--as I said, I love meat, but I would definitely go back to Thai Vegan again.

• Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Gourmet for Vegetarians or Not!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Excellent Menu. Excellent food. Fast service. Generous portions. As vegetarians, we were looking forward to good Mexican food, but the area restaurants aren't vegetarian friendly. We opted for a good vegetarian meal instead and were surprised by the stellar quality. We were also starved after hiking all day and the food was fast and filling. Fresh herbs and spices. The soup was outstanding. Lots of choices for those who want to make believe that they are eating meat as well.
Don't be fooled into thinking it is closed if the window shades are down though!

• Visited December 2012