“Fun night and we would come again.”
Review of Foul Play Cafe

Foul Play Cafe
More attraction details
Owner description: Foul Play Cafe is an interactive mystery dinner theater. Our shows are a great way to spend a night out with friends or celebrate a special occasion. We serve up an entertaining and fun filled comedic mystery and a four-course dinner while you play detective and decide whodunit for a chance to be our super sleuth at the end of the evening. Our shows consist of four (and occasionally 5) 10-30 minute acts with courses served at intermissions. Full show and dinner takes about 2.5 hours. They are performed "environmentally" - that is the action is occurring throughout the room and not on a stage. Audience participation is encouraged but not required. Shows are offered year round, Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 PM. Shows and menu change every three months. Our shows are fairly intimate most nights, with us playing for groups of 15-60 guests.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Enjoyable performance where all the potential culprits appear guilty. Needless to say, neither my wife nor I guessed it right. If I were to visit again, I would definitely plan to expect a late dinner. The courses are served at the breaks in the acts of the play, so the main entree was probably served after 8:30pm. The food was great and the whole experience is reasonably priced. The cast members/servers were fun, engaging and attentive - balancing both responsibilities.

There are newer reviews for Foul Play Cafe

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was our first visit to the Foul Play Cafe. We saw Virginia Jones & the Inca Revenge (11/2/13), da da daaaaa! It was awesome. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We were guessing up until the end for "who did it." The food was top quality. I ordered the beef with mashed sweet potato, I wished there had been more. My wife ordered the chicken with mashed sweet potato. She was delighted with her meal and even shared some with me, it was delicious as well. The actors seemed comfortable with each other and put on a great performance. As they served you your meal they would give you clues if you spoke with them and engaged in conversation. That was the best part, how much a part of the show you could be involved with if you played along. It was a great evening out and we will be bringing friends with us next time. Not just because I was able to solve the mystery either.

1  Thank Krawtschenko
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

And we are back for a third time tonight for Virginia Jones & the Inca Revenge. Good food and good fun too.

If you like being part of the party, this is the play for you.

1  Thank RichardandPatty B
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been to see two show here - Murder at the Cafe Noir and Murder Las Vegas Style. Both were great fun. The food is served in between acts. First, the food - it was great. I had the beef both times, so I may switch it up next time I go. The pacing of the service was timed welled and it was fun interacting with the cast as they served us. Second, the plays - loved them both. I have seen Cafe Noir a couple of times in Los Angeles and I can honestly say the Albuquerque production is far superior. It's a fun murder mystery ala Humphrey Bogart that well written and well acted. Murder Las Vegas Style is more of a comedic piece with comics, ventriloquists and washed up actresses. The murder plot is secondary to the characters vying to be the best act of the night. Acting was superb for both show and I am looking forward to their next production. Foul Play Cafe does a consistently great job on their productions. I recommend them highly!

1  Thank Art T
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was fun and full of surprises! The food was good not great. Some of the actors seemed nervous in the beginning so it was hard to understand what they were saying but they were funny and were also great waiters and the play was A little hard to follow in the beggining but as it progressed it got us hooked. reading the negative reviews we suspect that you have to be in the right mind set to really have fun. if you looking for a five star dinner and a Broadway show go to a five star restaurant and travel to NYC .... All in all We had a great evening. :)

Been to Foul Play Cafe? Share your experiences!