GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #101 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Seattle
“Very nice”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed in one of the suites. The room was clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I usually stay in 4-star hotels, and this bed was just as good. The carpet looked new also. It is a great stay at a good price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sacramento
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I am mystified as to why there are so many negative reviews about this place. The check-in was smooth, helpful, and friendly and the room was at least at the 2 1/2 star level advertised. Perhaps people are put-off by the lower-middle class adjacent to the property. I've stayed in far more marginal neighborhoods than this and not had a problem. One barking dog was the only negative and it was infrequent. I even heard a mariachi band practicing around 8 pm and it was kind of festive. The breakfast is fine; no surprises but no negatives either. I looked and looked and found no bed bugs. An issue the hotel has no control over is the noise generated by the airport and nearby freeway. Even these are not very annoying.

If you get a great rate on Priceline, as I did, I don't think you can really do better in
Albuquerque. After reading the posted reviews, I was ready to hate this place. I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. It gets 5 stars to help offset the 'fraidy cats' who prejudge a place just on its location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Cinci, OH
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I may have let the previous views sway my judgement of this hotel. However, I am clear that the staff was unprofessional and a bit sloppy. Room could have been cleaner. Quiet because there were very few guests. Also, appears to be a few abandoned renovations. I was a bit concerned about my car in the parking lot. The property is surrounded by a security gate. I believe I paid $40 on Priceline. I would not have paid more to stay here...Free wifi! Always a plus. :-)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Utah
Reviewed November 8, 2009

if you want a nice, simple place to stay near the airport, I recommend Country Inn. I thought the room was very nice, good bed, quiet, simple, no frills, good price. Easy to find. However, if you don't have a car, no restaurants near except fast food. Nice staff, very helpful.

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
DEs Moines
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This is a terrible hotel. When we first got there it was obvious this was not in a good neighborhood. Dogs were barking everywhere and the local homes had bars on the windows across the street. When we got in the lobby it looked ok. We asked for a room on the third floor - after all, we just needed a place to sleep for the night and we got a good price through Priceline on it. When we checked in the air conditioner didn't work. Back to the lobby. They sent us to the room across the hall. This one the air conditioner worked. We were very tired from a long drive so we pulled back the sheets and started to watch some TV. (On a very old TV set that looked like it was from the 1960's) All of a sudden I saw some critters walking across the bed sheets. I grabbed a tissue and got one of them. Blood spurted out all over the sheet. Yes - this was a bed bug! And, it had obviously been feeding on the visitor before us. I called down to the desk and they said they would check out another room for us. The room they sent us to this time smelled of smoke so bad we just about choked when we entered the room. At this point in time we decided to check out. We contacted Carlson's who owns the hotel chain. I can't say their concern or customer service was much better. We purchased this through Priceline and the hotel told us we would have to deal with them. Then after multiple phone calls, Carlson's agreed to send a refund check to us. It has been well over a week and still no check. So - we never used the room, had to pay extra for a better hotel on late notice, and are stuck with the bill. Very nice!

Beware of this hotel. IMO it is not clean, it is run down, the hotel staff could care less, and is full of bugs, (at least our room was) and should be rated 1 star at the best. No - it really should be shut down by the New Mexico board of health! Shame on you Carlson's for owning a hotel this bad in your chain.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
RoadTraveler_9, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2009
The Hotel & Guest Rooms were inspected immediately by a Certified Specialist and no Bed Bugs were found.
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Every time I go to Albuquerque with my husband, we stay at this hotel. This has been one of the best places I've ever stayed at. The hotel offers a continental breakfast where you can make your own waffles. The rooms are spaceous, comfortable and clean. There's free internet in the lobby and free wireless in the room. There's Burger King & Subway right next to the hotel at the corner of Gibson and Mulberry. And Fuddruckers is also pretty close. The hotel has a small pool and exercise room. It is very close to Kirtland Air Force Base. It's an awesome hotel and great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
stillkc
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This hotel was not clean, was not well run, and not in a safe neighborhood. Pulling onto the street the hotel is located on is a sign warning of tagging (graffiti)problems. That should have been the first clue. Then again the whole hotel property is fenced in.

The first room we were shown which was a suite had grout missing from areas of the floor. The second suite we took had a slow draining bath tub which despite repeated complaints never did get resolved over the four days we stayed there.

The breakfast bar was pathetic and never stocked properly. The help always seemed to be somewhere else.

I find it hard to believe Carlson properties lets this hotel still carry its flag. Maybe they don't come around often enough to see all the problems. Maybe someone tips off the hotel when they are going to be audited. In any case find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family