My wife was ill and we were hurrying home from vacation, wondering if it were time to stop for the night. There really is no helpful signage along I-25 through Albuquerque, either for hotels or restaurants (I guess you have to do some on-line pre-planning in order to know what you want and where it is), and we needed a fast-food/bathroom/gas stop anyway. Traveling south, we were nearly all the way through the city and finally spied a Burger King a ways off the highway. As we were about to leave the Burger King, I noticed this Country Inn and Suites next door (pretty much invisible from the highway), and decided to go in and check for rates and availability. Turned out to be a great move. The rates were wonderful, and the room was spacious and comfortable, clean, quiet, and well supplied. The man at the desk, Frank, was very gracious, especially once he knew our situation. We needed a Walmart or a drugstore in the worst way, and he gave me perfect instructions for the circuitous 5-mile drive to the nearest one. His assistant for the evening was a young black girl named Anika. She was awesome--she took ownership of every little problem or issue and quickly saw them through to conclusion; nothing was too much trouble for her, and she was gracious and cheerful. If my university would allow me an administrative assistant, I would hire her in a New York minute! (She must have a really high-powered mission statement!) I did not have time to check out or use whatever other amenities the hotel may have to offer, so I can't speak to those, but I would not hesitate to stay here again--they took great care of us when we were under great duress. I notice another reviewer has mentioned that the neighborhood is not very good--that's true, but at no time did we feel in any danger, so for an overnight stay I don't see it as an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The GuestHouse Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport offers its guest easy access to the Albuquerque International Sunport and has a complimentary airport shuttle service. While staying at the top choice in Albuquerque airport hotels, rest assured you will enjoy a 100 percent smoke-free facility with convenient features such as complimentary breakfast, a seasonal heated pool, free Wi-Fi, a modern fitness center and flexible meeting space. Conveniently located just minutes from the University of New Mexico, Downtown Albuquerque, Isleta Amphitheater, and entertainment of Old Town Albuquerque, our downtown Albuquerque location has plenty to offer when you stay with us. TOP HOTEL FEATURES AND SERVICES Complimentary Airport Shuttle (5am - 10pm) Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast Complimentary Wi-Fi Seasonal Outdoor Pool Fitness Center (6am - 10pm) Meeting Facilities Available (Can hold up to 15 people) 24 Hour Business Center Microwave / Mini Fridge In Room Guest Laundry 24-Hour Fro ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Albuquerque Airport
- Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Country Inn
- Country Inn Albuquerque Airport