“Slow Wifi”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #32 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed here on average 3-4 times a year for the past 8 years and the Wifi is always the slowest I have seen at any hotel. Whenever the staff is notified about it they claim they have nothing to do with it and refer you to an outsourced 1-800 number.
The rooms are nice and large and the meals are usually decent. The breakfast staff always go above and beyond and are one of the best aspects of this hotel.
The location, across from Uptown shopping area, is also convenient.
If Wifi is important to you, then avoid this hotel, otherwise it's not too bad a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed January 22, 2012

After a crappy experience at the drury inn on 25, we decided to spend a few more nights in albuquerque, but at a different hotel. We had to find one that was pet friendly for our little maltese and yorkie. We drove by this hotel and decided to check their pet policy on a whim. Not only do they accept pets, they had a basket of toys from which we could choose a toy for our babies! They got a chewy bone and a rope, and they have been quite happy here.

The young man at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. In fact, every employee we encountered was nice, right down to the guy with the carpet cleaner.

We were allowed to look at our suite before we checked in, which made me feel much better about spending more money on a hotel. I almost cried when i saw the room, and realized that we had wasted $340 at the drury.

People with pets get suites on the first floor, which is perfect when your dogs have tiny bladders. The area of town we are in feels so safe that we allowed our kids, 12 and 9, to walk the dogs by themselves. Okay, we watched through the window, but they didn't know that.

When we got to the room, there was a note of welcome from the housekeeper. THE HOUSEKEEPER, folks! After about 20 minutes, the young man at the desk (gosh, i wish i could remember his name) called to make sure our room was perfect. I assured him it was.

The kitchenette is stocked with dishes and a dishwasher, which made us much more comfortable eating our takeout (chilis and pizza 9...you MUST try pizza 9.) the maid even loaded and ran the dishwasher for us when she cleaned our room. And did i mention that the washcloths and kleenex were folded into cute little flowers and birds? Seriously, i've stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels that didn't pay that much attention to detail.

I cannot recommend the homewood suites enough. Whoever is managing this hotel is doing a phenomenal job of making it feel like a high dollar experience.

Room Tip: If you have pets, you will be on the first floor. We loved room 109!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Okay it was a bit to find this place, I actually had to break out the GPS. Its off the beaten path so to speak, but for Albuquerque, it was really really quiet. The breakfast was better than average. Staff was really nice. The rooms were great, I loved having the kitchen in the room. The bed was fantastic, I slept like a baby, and my back felt fine in the morning. I would absolutely stay here again. I'm a musician, and sometimes have to practice in the room, and that didn't seem to be a problem. I felt like the room was clean. I very much recommend this hotel, and thought the price for what we got was really excellent.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We really loved the spacious, well-appointed suites--a great way to gather together as a family for the holidays. We especially liked the 2-bedroom suites, which provide two private bedrooms/baths, and a central, socializing area. Excellent breakfast, complete with hot entrees and waffles. There are two great shopping malls within walking distance. We gather at a suite hotel every year at Thanksgiving, and this is the best place we have ever stayed.

Since we rented three suites for the Thanksgiving holiday, we left a generous tip for housekeeping and thanked them personally for working the holiday. Unfortunately, the favor was not returned--we left our baby's new snowsuit and pajamas in the room by accident, and they were never recovered. It was so cold--she really needed her snowsuit! Be super-careful not to leave anything behind when you check out.

Room Tip: Snap up the two-bedroom suites as soon as you set a date, if you have multiple family members stayin...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had a little trouble finding this hotel but the front desk was very helpful. When I called and explained my predicament, she literally talked me through each turn by phone until I arrived at the hotel. Outstanding service and very appreciated by a tired out of state driver. This was my first trip to Albuquerque and I really liked the Uptown area. It was convenient to the major highway and my office. Lots of shops, restaurants, etc. I had no problem with the internet and or number of television stations. I would definitiely stay here again.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed here two times now. This last time was for a full week. They are working on their TV issues but I find the low number of channels they get unusual for a major hotel chain that isn't in Vegas.

Their wireless internet gets very bogged down. It would be really nice if you could still connect via internet cable so this does not happen.

If you don't care about internet service, the hotel suites are generous with a full kitchen, two TVs and a nice seating area in the living room. The bedroom is roomy and I found all of the staff at this hotel to be friendly and helpful.

I didn't use the pool or fitness center but they exist and look great.

We will probably look for another hotel next year because of the internet issue. It made it very difficult to work

2  Thank travelku
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Have stayed here before on business a few times and while it's still a newer property, clean, and well kept, my most recent stay here was a disappointment on account of 2 incidents. First, while I always ask for a high floor at hotels and was accommodated, the hotel was virtually empty and the front desk clerk assigned me a room on the top (6th) floor directly under the roof air conditioners or some equally powerful mechanical equipment, assuring that the room felt like it was located under a jet engine. The room was literally vibrating and there was a roaring noise that ensured no sleep. Funny thing was that the hotel was pretty empty and-- you' d think-- I would have been given a quiet room since I specifically asked for one. I asked to change rooms and was accommodated there. Guess the initial room assignment was hysterically funny though if you were working the front desk.

Secondly, my room was never serviced. I stayed two nights and did not leave the do not disturb sign on the door. Got back after work and there was the unmade bed, used towels, and everything as I had left it that morning. Was this retribution for my making them give me a new room the night before?

Breakfast was still pretty decent and the rooms are nice and big. It's close to shopping, I-40, some good restaurants. But next time think I'll stay at the Sheraton down the street, where I know I'll get a quiet room the first time and my room will be serviced.

Room Tip: Avoid 6th floor rooms
1  Thank Lady911Driver
Chris A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and alert us to the issues you experienced during your stay. We are very sorry that you were not provided the quiet room you requested immediately upon your arrival, and that you did not receive any maid service during your visit. I can assure you that both incidents were not intentional, and your review has been shared with our hotel staff so that we may improve on our training and service.