“Don't stay here during the weekend if you want a good night's sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park

Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park
Ranked #84 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Edina, Minnesota
“Don't stay here during the weekend if you want a good night's sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

After a long drive through NM. I decided to stay the night in Albq. before leaving town on an early morning flight from the Albq. Airport. The only request I had for the front desk clerk was to please give me a quiet room. He put me on the 2nd floor in the middle of the hotel as he smiled at me. This room happened to be across the hall from a family with 4 kids who never stopped opening and slamming the door. They also had several friends in rooms all around me with a number of kids. When I went out for dinner, I told the same front desk clerk, there were a lot of noisy kids around my room, who kept talking and playing outside of their rooms, along with running through the hall. He then told me the hotel was full of kids on all the floors. I told him that was not very good and he should have warned me when I asked for a quite room. That was the end of our discussion and also the LAST TIME I would ever frequent this hotel on a weekend if ever at all, given a choice!

Room Tip: Ask if there are any kids teams staying at he hotel during the evenings you will be trying to sleep...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank vikingstwinsman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tempe AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed on the first floor with the elephant family right above us. STOMP STOMP STOMP.. ARG.
We required a handicap room. For being a newer property, the handicap room is little to be desired. If you are in a walker, you cant reach the AC / Heat controls, the desk or the TV. The tub was coverted to handicap, but the handles on the wall block access to use the tub. This should have been converted to a walk in shower like other properties.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff R

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and it is a good hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are extremely small but not a deal breaker. The neighborhood is a little bit on the industrial side, but not horrible. It is very close to freeway access. If you need a decent place to stay at the edge of town this is a good hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ABQgambler
santa fe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

The rooms were beautiful and looked recently remodeled. The bed and beddng were really comfortable.
but the night front desk clerk, Hunter, saw to our every need.
the breakfast gentleman was great too. the hotel was very quiet and we got a good night's rest.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tootybabe22
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I can't say enough about the location if you are going to the balloon fiesta because it's within walking distance and we were able to watch the launch from our 3rd floor room. BUT, it was the worst nights sleep I have had in a hotel in a long time. The mattresses were lumpy and hard, the pillows to squishy and the walls to thin so I could hear the TV programs in the adjoining rooms. Ohh, and the breakfast wasn't very good either.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BeccaB22
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Unimpressive from the moment I drove up.
I came for an overnight visit with my teenage son. We wanted a hotel in the northern part of town that had free breakfast.
Every time the AC came on, it woke me up.

Breakfast doesn't start until 6:30, but our day (NM Jeep Tours, which was AWESOME!) started at 6:00, so we missed the breakfast -- the only reason we picked this place.

The ice machine was out of order that morning, so I asked the man who was preparing the breakfast (that we missed) if he had some. He seemed perterbed that I was there so early, and said "There's another machine up on the 3rd floor"

It's only a 3-story hotel, so we didn't even have a view.

To make matters worse, my credit card was charged $15.00 MORE than was on the bill I got at checkout. WHen I saw my bank statement, I called the hotel, and the girl who answered said at first "it was taxes." I told her that the taxes were listed on my bill. Then she said "we add it for charges that may come up later." There were NOT extras to charge for. Then she said her manager wan't in right now, but to call back in an hour. She didn't even offer to give him a message to return my call.
I did contact the Holiday Inn Mgt through their site, but haven't heard back. If this isn't taken care of soon, I'll NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn again. I know it's only $15.00, but it's the fact that they charged me more than I was billed for.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank afmel
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

The wife and I and another couple flew into Albuquerque on Tuesday to begin a week long motorcycle trip. The Holiday Inn Express at Balloon Fiesta Park was walking distance to Thunderbird Harley-Davidson on Alameda Blvd. The rooms were exactly what we ordered. Large king rooms with a sitting area and equipped with micro wave and frig. The staff was great. They stored our suitcases in a back room for a week while we we gone riding the highways of northern New Mexico and southern Colorado. The only negative is that they are not close to any local restaurants. There is a gas station and convenience store next door and a Carl Jr. hamburger joint. Cab ride to a good restaurant 3 miles away tacked on another $30 to our dinner bill.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple