“Great View, Good Wine List, Good Bartending, but Very Loud & Poor Wait Staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apothecary Lounge

Apothecary Lounge
Ranked #34 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Apothecary Lounge is Albuquerque's ultimate rooftop bar and patio, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the mountains, downtown skyline and New Mexico’s famous sunsets. Gather with friends or park yourself in one of the bar’s creatively designed secluded spaces for a quiet conversation.
Tennessee
“Great View, Good Wine List, Good Bartending, but Very Loud & Poor Wait Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went on Friday evening. Sat at the bar initially to watch the ballgame. Inside was not terribly crowded even though there were a lot of people, but it was so loud I ended up having to go outside after I got my order.

When I arrived there were 3 or 4 waitresses buzzing around, none of which bothered to welcome me or even look at me as they passed by. However, both bartenders were attentive and the wine list was pretty good. I had the tortilla chips and salsa, which was a helping of toasted pita bread with tomato based and cheese based salsas, all of it very good.

Outside was a great view of the sunset. The setting is very well done with couples' couches and large chairs with big comfortable cushions. When I sat down with my wine and food, one waitress said if I needed anything to "come and get her". True to her word, as I finished my food and wine, she took orders from everyone around me without bothering to check to see if I needed anything else. I suppose I could have flagged her down, but that's not what I consider to be service.

I wasn't even sure they would bus my area, so I picked up my empty plate and glass and walked them back into the bar, passing two waitresses along the way who simply looked at me and kept walking, not even smiling, offering to take my plate or say a word to me.

The only two times a waitress spoke to me was when I sat down outside and when I was in the elevator waiting for the doors to close.

So, I won't be back. There are many other places to see a great sunset.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Montville, New Jersey
“great lounge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ate here a few time while staying at the hotel, great tapas and spectacular view. Drinks and food are very unique to new mexico. Expect chili mixed into as many apps as you can have. Great local flavor

1 Thank travelgirlcw
Lubbock
“Drinks with a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Albuquerques hip new power lounge. Great outdoor furniture to cuddle up on as you watch the sunset as the downtown lights heat up your evening. Even if you don't stay at the hotel you are welcome.

1 Thank Peter L
Vancouver
“Great drinks and amazing view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

You have to try the Prickly Pear Margarita and the stuffed dates. Wow! And the view...you can see the entire city skyline and we even watched a lightning show in the distance.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Go for the views - not the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My friends and I had heard about this rooftop bar and decided to meet for drinks and the sunset there. Thew views are great - you can see a lot of the city from there and of course, the sunset was beautiful. The drinks were delicious and the food was good, but the service there was subpar for what is touted as a trendy, hot spot. I will spare you the details of our poor service, but will say we didn't see our waitress smile until she brought us our tab. Now that I've been there and "seen it" I don't plan to return.

• Visited August 2013