“Very well put together”

Unser Racing Museum
Ranked #10 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am not a racing fan and wasn't particularly looking forward to visiting the Unser Racing Museum, but my boyfriend really wanted to. He was thrilled with it, and I was very impressed with how thoughtfully and tastefully it was laid out. We've been to several different automotive museums, and think this was one the best-designed facilities we've seen. The staff were also very friendly and so knowledgeable about racing and the Unser family.

There are newer reviews for Unser Racing Museum

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had been driving past the Unser Racing Museum for years and never stopped. Had friends from out of town who actually used to drive race cars. We went to the museum and it was flat OUTSTANDING. Extremely well done and the on site docents were great. It tells the story of Unser racing start to finish. It is really nice to be able to get so close to the cars and hear their stories. You really get a chance to almost feel what being in one of these powerful machines is like. I also came away with a newfound respect for the men and women who drive these creatures of speed. They even have a section of the Indy 500 wall that ended a possible win for one of the Unsers in the parking lot. It is much more than just the cars...it is the complete story of loss and hard fought victory. Way Cool.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although I'm not a car enthusiast, this place is a treasure! Docent Jodi had interesting stories, made the cars and the Unser family come to life. My nephews were enthralled. Staff were helpful, friendly. Great place for a summer afternoon. This is not a one hour "stop"...take your time and enjoy!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

after many visits to the USA over the years and going to see many car museums this has the rank up there with the best if not the best. great cars very informative and Tom who toured us around building 2 was friendly and a delight to be with. even my wife who is not a big indy fan loved it and commented to me how much she loved the visit. only disappointment we did not meet any of the Unsers which would have been a highlight. Extremely clean Exibition.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

What an interesting, likeable family, the Unser's. What a story, too!

If you are a racing fan, I can only recommend this little gem.
Tons of background information about the Unser family, how they grew up, their careers etc. Model and original cars.

I personally have no knowledge of American car racing, being from Europe, but I even found it interesting. My husband was very intrigued and could have spend several hours.

There is even a section for kids with games which my six year old loved.

Extremely clean and well maintained. Thank you!