MCM Elegante Hotel
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $70/night.

$77
$71
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$73
$69
Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$108
$84
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$65
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

$101
$94
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$110
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$95
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotel Parq Central(Albuquerque)
$160
All reviewsfree drinkshash brownsincluded breakfastbeds were comfortablenew mexicothe room was nicenice breakfastparking lotsanta feloungeshuttlenm
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times. They have a good airport shuttle,the free breakfast is the best hotel breakfast in ABQ. however when it is time for it to end they take it down. You could be eating and go back for a something else and everything is gone. The free evening drinks are nice but now they ask for a $1.00 or so for certain drinks so not all drinks are free any more. Service in the bar is very slow. The room was clean and comfortable,the bed very good. This time the wirless worked much better than in the past. One computer worked in the business center so I was able to print my boarding pass. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pcc10
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My son had to go to Abuquerque for The 35th edition of the Great Southwest Track & Field Classic. We drove from Phoenix to Albuquerque without any problems. Pulled up in front of the hotel & I immediately knew it wasn't going to be our usual family travel digs, we stay at the Embassy Suites every time we travel with our kids, but I was not prepaired for what I got. I checked in and as I was walking from the elevator to our room, the carpet in the hall looked as if though they threw it down on top of the old carpet. It was lumpy and scary looking. I thought maybe someone had hid a body under this stuff. The next sign that I may have wanted to sleep with a gun strapped to me was the view from my window. I walked in and it smelled really weird and noticed the bottom of the window was at eye level of me. I pulled the curtains back and the scenery was of the roof. Not just any roof, the roof that had a oily glove on it, which was laying against my window. A ash tray, a couple of buckets and an assortment of other things I didn't wait around to inspect. I went downstairs and requested another room immediately. The next was no better but I got to look at the parking lot instead. We left to go to the track field and because of the heat taking all the laptops, ebooks, and ipods did not seem like the sensible thing to do. We put all the electronics in our suitcases and zipped them up. The cords for the laptops were kinda warm so we left them in the night stand drawer and put the do not disturb sign on the door. Later that night when we got back, my daughter noticed the suitcases were open and the cords were stuffed in them. Being naive, I thought they found them and was putting them away, forgot this wasn't the Westin for a moment. Well 2 days later my son's decathalon was over and I checked out and into the Hilton across the street to finish our weekend off there. I paid $4 more for the Hilton and I wasn't afraid to pull my shoes off or stand in the shower without full body armour on, the water at the MCM was nasty coming out of the shower. We were told we had to stay at this place by the track & field information we received, I am wondering who was getting a kick back from this scam ! Oh yeah and when we were leaving the MCM, I realized the ipod I bought in on the first day and sat my the television was no longer there. Went to the front desk and no one seemed to care. If my son is fortunate enough to be invited next year, I found out from some other parents how to get around staying in this dump without disobeying the rules.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We booked three nights at the Elegante in Albuquerque NM and it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. The hotel is old and dirty and nothing works properly. The bathtub wouldn't drain while we showered so we were standing in a foot of water by the end of the shower. A couple of people told us that their tub wouldnt drain either. The a/c didn't work properly during our entire stay and several people told us that their a/c wasn't working either. On our second night, we woke up at 4:30 in the morning because we were sweating.
We went to the front desk and asked for another room and they gave us keys to the only room available. Before moving our things into the other room, we tested the a/c out on full blast for an hour and it never got cold either.
We gave the keys back to the new room and asked for another room. The lady at the front desk told us that 5 a/c units went out the day before and that she wasn't sure they had anymore parts to repair our unit. They told us to check back at 11:00 am so we sat in our hot room until 11:00 and then went to the front desk. They sent us away again and told us to come back at noon.
After going back to our room, housekeeping walked into our room and told us that they thought we had checked out. I guess they forgot to let housekeeping know that we never left our original room.
At that point we called the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, which is right around the corner, and booked a very clean room with a cold a/c for our last night.
By this time, it was 12:30pm and we received a knock at our door that the maint wanted to come in and work on our a/c.
I told him that we were checking out and that he could work on the a/c after we left.
The entire staff was very nice. Everybody was helpful and friendly but we would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My son is from MO but lives in NM where he met his bride. The wedding was our families first where hotel accommodations were required. Our initial decision for the MCM was based on the shuttle service. Our return to the Elegante will be based on the service, reasonable pricing and a staff who understands the value of the consumer. All staff answered questions and provided assistance regardless of their department specialty. When our rehearsal dinner fell through, the MCM stepped up. They were prompt, fun, and did everything within their power to ensure this important occasion was not marred by issues related to hospitality. The free drink coupons and inclusive full breakfast offered a reprieve to a stressed budget. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I've stayed at the MCM Elegante in Odessa TX & was really impressed. This re-branded Holiday Inn for the same price wasn't worth the money.

The good:
Beds and pillows are above average
Large room
Nice flat panel tv
Staff was very friendly and engaging
Nice pool, hot tub and workout area
Shower heads at a reasonable height (Most hotels mount them too low)
Lounge and Restaurant very good
Breakfast buffet above average

The bad:
Bowl of sink terribly scratched/cracked
Tile grout dirty and tiles loose/caving in around tub
Room set up poorly and can't turn the TV to be seen at table
OLD furniture
OLD Clock Radio which didn't completely work
OLD Heating/Cooling unit coming apart and FILTHY filter
Lamps were loose/coming apart
Bed Skirts didn't fit beds (looks sloppy)

I was very underwhelmed with the room for the price. I would expect more from my other experience with MCM hotels. They really should renovate the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo