“Elegant, it's not.”

Ranked #80 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
USA
“Elegant, it's not.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place does a lot of convention business and maybe it's great for that. I found it large and impersonal and was disappointed in a number of ways.

When I checked in, the clerk said I could upgrade to the "Tower" for $20 and get a nicer, quieter room. The "Tower" turned out to be five stories high and the room was very ordinary. It was quiet -- the tower was fairly empty. The room was not particularly spacious --- I kind of feel like I got conned.

The restaurant area was gigantic and cavernous - and I had a coupon for two free drinks so I ate in the bar. Most people seemed to prefer the bar -- there was more people than in the restaurant. Service was indifferent, the chairs were uncomfortable, atmosphere was nothing, but the food was decent.

You do get a free breakfast and they have a staff person who will cook you an omelet. Unfortunately, the staff person was no cook and the omelet was sub-par -- overcooked on the outside and undercooked on the inside. I would have liked to toast an English muffin, but they seemed to be gone.

Room Tip: I would not pay extra for the "Tower." Actually, I'd stay somewhere else. I have wri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank devideviq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved this hotel. The rooms where really clean and the workers where friendly. The pool was nice, Even breakfast was overall good. The only thing I didnt like was in our room, it seemed like the toilet was going to over flow every time we flushed it, And we had to hold the handle down for a few minutes until it flushed... But other then that, it was a great place to stay. We will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Emily P
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this Hotel many times. It is always our 1st choice when we stay in Albuquerque. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff are fabulous. The breakfast that you get with your stay is amazing! Not only do the have the usual bagels, danish, cereal and yogurt that most hotels give you but they also have a hot buffet that includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon,biscuits, gravy and oatmeal. BUT even better - someone will custom make an omelet for you while you wait! Our most recent stay was in January and it had been almost a year since our previous stay - the gentleman that is in charge of the breakfast area remembered us! We will stay here again and again!

Room Tip: The only recommendation I have is to not stay near an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travelholly57
La Luz, New Mexico
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the night prior to checking my cancer patient sister into the hospital and returned for the next three nights. The staff were courteous and helpful, giving me the same room four nights in a row as our departure plans were repeatedly delayed. The hotel atmosphere was lovely. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was great when I got the chance to eat there. I'm planning on returning in a few days as we continue getting my sister the care she needs two hundred miles away from our small town. Not my favorite part of Albuquerque, but close to the hospitals.

Room Tip: Just tell the desk what you are looking for. For me it was a handicapped room/minimal walking. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebecca W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I checked into this hotel for a conference that I had to attend. After the 7hr trip to get there from my residence, weary, and road beaten -- I was comforted and welcomed by what I have to consider one of the best host of staff in a hotel (in this price range) ever. The check in process was simple, the staff more that cheerful and polite (especially Dominica), and the rooms comfortable and accommodating.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ssbanks2000
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you want to feel like royalty, then stay at the MCM. Everyone from the front desk staff, shuttle operators, restaurant staff, bar staff, and management are friendly and helpful. We loved it there during our 2 week stay in December, and can't wait to visit again. This establisment really means it, when they say they want to earn your repeat business!
Dave and Julie

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JulieBach
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you Dave and Julie. It was a pleasure having you as guests for your two week vacation in December and I am glad we able to help make it a memorable one. We look forward to you coming back to visit!
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here in Jan of 2014 and it was ok. Not what we were expecting for upscale hotel it claimed to be. The night desk clerk must have been having a rough night because he was rude and made me feel like I was being a hindrance to whatever he was working on. The hotel smelled like smoke, and kinda outdated but the bed was really comfortable and the room clean. The breakfast was alright. Your average continental breakfast. Overall this place is not to terrible for an overnight stay but definitely not worth the price,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Coreyp21
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. First I would like to offer a sincere apology for the initial experience and lack of customer service received by the Front Desk Agent. This is unacceptable as providing the highest level of guest service is something we strive to do for all of our guests. This encounter will be used as a training tool to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you will stay with us again if you travels bring you back to Albuquerque.