“Good value for money”
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

MCM Elegante Hotel
Ranked #79 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were a bit surprised to see the life size depiction of the Ten Commandments when we pulled up to the hotel. The room was close to the airport and the staff was VERY friendly even late at night. The breakfast buffet is the biggest I have ever seen at a hotel - there is an omelet maker and a waffle maker and much, much more. For what I needed - a place to crash after a late arriving flight - it was great.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any major sporting events (there was a softball tournament while we were there) and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for MCM Elegante Hotel

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Elegante was just okay. On the upside, the rates were great. The breakfast buffet was lovely and a nice addition. However, I felt like a sardine in the full sized beds. We were there for a conference so no opportunity with 3 in a room that we didn't have to share. The staff as a whole were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times over the past year as work events are held here and we are required to stay on site. Each time I try to come in with a positive attitude but am let down after each stay. Here is how I break it down.

Cons:
- Rooms are very outdated
- Rooms and bathrooms feel dirty and dingy
- Carpets never appear clean and fresh
- Peeling wallpaper in multiple rooms I have stayed in
- Shower experiences are inconsistant, sometimes very hot water, sometimes not, sometimes lots of pressure, sometimes not.
- The conference room we utilize usually smells like wet carpet or a faint smell of dirty gym socks.

Pros:
- Great breakfast although towards weekends very crowded.
- Staff is helpful and kind.
- Nicely decorated and clean front lobby area

I have never used the pool or hot tub area. The workout center is small but has the essentials. If it is up to me I pick elsewhere to stay...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very nice staff, they were all so friendly and helpful, also the rooms were awesome and the beds are so cozy :), We did not get a chance to use the pool but it looked amazing. Everything looked very elegant! We are planning a trip next month and don't have to worry about finding a nice hotel, will definitely stay there again and also recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

the staff was very nice, very friendly and the breakfast buffet was the best - Mr. Garcia and his crew at the buffet were the best - the swimming pool and hot tub were very clean and the person taking care of the area were helpful and nice

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the MCM Elegante for a conference being held at the university. Front desk staff was excellent, as were the shuttle drivers. Rooms are okay, a little dated, but comfortable. AC is loud when it cycles on and off, but that is what you expect with wall units. Breakfast is great if you like omelets, but if you're looking for fresh fruit, you're out of luck. Only canned fruit every day. Still, this was a great deal and a comfortable stay. Only negative encounter was with bar staff. Horrible attitude and zero customer service. But if you can avoid that (we had dinner there - mistake!) you will be happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night thinking it wouldn't be that bad! I guess I should always remember "you get what you pay for!" At first glance...I thought location looked ghetto but when I checked in I was met with a nice front desk clerk who put my mind at ease...except that she told me if I had booked through the hotel website I would have had two free drinks... ???? Why even say something like that? (I booked using Expedia)

When you walk in the hotel , everything smells and looks pleasant.... Then you get to the rooms and no more nice scent! Muggy, mildew smell! I should have known when I walked in my room: door had stains, floor had stains, curtain had stains!!! AC was so loud I couldn't hear the tv. The doors have a significant gap above so you can see the hallway light!

I was traveling with my niece and sister and had driven 10 hours... I was tired and didn't want to fuss... Just wanted to sleep...I slept on top of the comforter however my niece slept under covers... In the morning, I discover that the other side of the comforter had BLOOD STAINS!!!! Unfreaken believable!!! I brought it up to the attention of staff at 7 am when i got the hell out of there and I received nothing more than a "sorry" we can't do anything for you since you booked through a third party....(Expedia!) WTF! The front deak clerk said she would tell the hotel manager and to expect a call from her....Never happened!

This place is unsanitary! Please pay the extra bucks to stay at a nicer hotel! This place is absolutely horrible! The breakfast buffet food is not good at all!!! Looks like the food has been used over an over!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RoxyLulu
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. First I want to apologize for the issues during your stay. The cleanliness of the room and customer service experience are both unacceptable. I would like opportunity to make the situation right if you would be so kind to call me. 505-884-2511 ext. 606. In the meantime the issues have been circulated to the proper departments for review and discussion to ensure this experience does not happen again.

Travelers also viewed these Albuquerque hotels
Crowne Plaza Albuquerque
#66 of 144 in Albuquerque
Menaul Development Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Midtown

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MCM Elegante Hotel

Address: 2020 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107-1715 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #79 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Price Range: $87 - $216 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — MCM Elegante Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your MCM Elegante Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mcm Elegante Albuquerque