MCM Elegante Hotel
$59
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$149
$102
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
$114
$109
Hotels.com
All reviewsfree drinksomelet barhash brownsincluded breakfastbeds were comfortablewafflesnew mexicoking bedballoon festivalparking lotsanta feold townloungeshuttlenminterstate
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Overall and ok experience. Check in was pleasant. Nice furniture in rooms, fridge, one cup coffee maker, microwave, ok speed of internet, pool, hot tub, workout room. The curtains were dirty, mild noise of traffic from the freeway and guests in hallway, not too bad though. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, nice free coffee and water with citrus in lobby. Bed was not super comfy and had cheap blankets. Nice, free, hot breakfast, the two young restaurant workers spent all of our breakfast talking and flirting with each other and were not helpful. Breakfast buffet included: cold hash browns, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, canned fruit in syrup, oatmeal, make your own waffles,sausage, bacon, milk juice, coffee and tea. All in typical buffet mediocre quality, but hot and free. Best part was make to order fresh omelette bar with onions, mushrooms, cheese and green chile! Overall, it was an ok experience. A bit pricey for the quality. I have had nicer rooms for $90. Except for restaurant staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. May or may not return

Room Tip: maybe ask for room not on highway side for less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at 18 hotels over the last 2 months while interviewing for residency positions, this was by far the best Hotel I have been at. UNM had recommended the property, and I can see why. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They allowed early check in, provided shuttle service at no extra charge, even the driver was friendly. The exterior of the hotel did not do justice to how nice the rooms were, I was almost hesitant pulling in, but I am glad I did. Perfectly clean and fresh rooms. Best bed I have slept in a hotel out of the 19 I've stayed in while interviewing. The Breakfast was incredible, excellent omelets and other delicious food. They provided coupons for complimentary drinks, but I did not have the time in my schedule to see if the lounge was as nice as the dinning was. My wife and her friend had lunch and said it was just as good as the breakfast. The pool looked clean and well kept, but we did not use it, again due to time. This is definitely a place I would stay if I am in Albuquerque again. Great nights rest, great rooms and excellent service.

Room Tip: Great Breakfast and awesome beds!
1  Thank MrLeoY
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have stayed here many times and each time the hotel was great. Best beds on the planet. Very clean, great food (had the rib eye steak) and the staff is always courteous and helpful. The breakfast is fantastic. Would recommend this to anyone traveling to the Albuquerque area.

2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Found the rooms to be very nice however, the amenities were not up to par. Both rooms rented had the alarm clocks go off before our wake time. One room at 4am and the other at 6:30am. This is not nor will it ever make for a good stay. I spoke with the front desk about the problem in each room rented and stated they must assure that house cleaning check clocks to assure this does not occur. Our friend traveling with us got the 4:30 am call and was not able to return to sleep after that. I think that alone should require a hotel to reimburse a guest the full amount for that room. No offer was made to cover for the lost night of sleep from what I consider to be negligent service.

The second amenity that was not working was the internet. I was unable to connect and thus could not get information needed for that morning. The front desk sent me to an admin office person who was unable to confirm a problem. Later, after stopping at the front desk to get the information needed, they stated the internet was down for all rooms and they were working on it. Again, there was never an offer of any compensation for an amenity not received/available.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was surprised by how disappointing this property was. Came in town in January to interview at UNM. MCM Elegante was their recommended option, and the property seems to have a lot of experience with UNM interviewees.

-The shuttle was a highly advertised feature. I called for pickup from the airport; it took 35 minutes to show up and the driver missed the pickup point by about 100 feet. I did want to use them for a ride to UNM, but my interview was at 6am and the shuttle was not running at that time.

-They advertise 2 complimentary drinks at their bar; I inquired about this and was denied because I booked via hotels.com.

-The rooms are more of a motel than a hotel. Most of the rooms are ground floor. The bathtub was dirty, the water pressure was weak, and there was a crusty stain on the bed comforter that had a concerning resemblance to semen.

-I conferred with my colleague who also interviewed there, he agreed with my assessment: not elegant.

2  Thank beefybenjamin