“BEST IN CLASS”
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

MCM Elegante Hotel
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The MCM Elegante in Albuquerque was an existing property in need of updating when purchased a couple of years ago by the current owners who have turned "Chicken Salad" into "Prime Rib". Having traveled to Albuquerque on business for 40 years, I quit staying at this property a number of years ago as it became run down and univiting in its accomodations. What a difference it is today. Always a great location, new management has upgraded the look and feel. Fresh clean rooms with the best beds in town, A staff that is cordial, accomodating and glad you are there. The resturant boasts some of the best dining in town and the lounge is a great place to entertain family, friends and business associates. This hotel is a great destination for both business and and family gatherings. If I sound like a promoter, it's because I am and I believe you will be too. Bob McNatt

Room Tip: All rooms are quite nice with the "tower" rooms even nicer. Be sure and check out resturan...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us Mr. McNatt. We are very excited that our efforts to provide a better product and service have been noticed. We will continue to renovate and make updates to property every month and continue our guests service training daily to ensure we are providing and memorable stay for all our guests. We look forward to many more visits to our property.

There are newer reviews for MCM Elegante Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. One of the best places I've ever stayed at. It was extremely clean, the staff was very generous and helpful, the rooms had everything I needed and liked in a room, the shower heads make you never want to get out of the shower because they are so nice, the bed is so comfortable I wish I couldve taken it home with me. I also was provided with a free breakfast buffet that had everything from eggs, bacon, buscuits and gravy to waffles cereal and omlets made on the spot for us. I will definitely be staying there again when I travel back to albuquerque. There were 7 of us and the ages ranged from 7 months to 31 years of age and it had the comfort and hospitality for all of us.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review regardign your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The pictures on their website must have been taken with a polaroid or airbrushed! The entire property was uncared for and filthy. There was broken and beaten up furniture. We had to put a sheet over the soft before we felt safe sitting on it. The shower water fluctuates, without warning, from extremely hot to cold. There were no ice bags. Other than a lovely woman in the gift shop, the staff was argumentative and not willing to assist with problems or questions. We were booked for two nights, but left after the first one. The breakfast was decent and there were plenty of options. The pool and jacuzzi were so nasty that we just skipped them. This property needs a major overhaul!!!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. First I want to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. I would love for you to contact me at the hotel at your convenience regarding your stay so I can find out the room number to make sure my Engineering Department and Housekeeping Department fix the issues you mentioned in the room. It is also very concerning that our staff was argumentative and not willing to assist with problems and questions and I would like to get some more information regarding this to follow up with our staff. Again thank you for the review as we will utiize your comments as a training tool and hopefully you will contact me soon and we can discuss the issues further.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

The MCM Elegante has the best breakfast bar in NM! Made to order omelets that are to die for!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are very excited you enjoy are breakfast buffet so much. We look forward to many more visits with us.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and the quality was good for the price.
Very nice king room, great breakfast, indoor pool and spa.
Hotel and room were clean and staff very accomodating.
I've traveled all over the world and have stayed in the the best and worst of hotels.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enyoyed your stay with us and look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed five nights with a large group as part of an educational program, and everything was nicely done. Yes, there are a few flaws, but after reading some of the older reviews I was worried, but I need not have been. The room was very comfortable, the bed was fine, the linens a bit scratchy but OK. There were no hot water problems as in prior reviews--it was abundant, constant, and hot enough. The bathroom was fresh and clean with abundant towels. Housekeeping was not too good--some days the rugs had not been vacuumed well, the in-room coffee maker was not replenished, and the large trash container by the elevator on the 3rd floor had a terrible stale cigarette stench (although the hotel is non-smoking) and was not emptied our entire stay, so the whole hallway stank. The breakfasts were great with abundant eggs, bacon, sausage, an omelet to order (with a tip jar by the omelets--tacky) and good coffee as well as cereals, breads, etc. Personnel were uniformly friendly and helpful. Overall nicely done, and better than some older reviews would make you worry about.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank vpoleshuck
Adam S, Front Office Manager at MCM Elegante Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy that your worries were for not and that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet. However I will forward the comments along to our Houskeeping Department regarding the cleanliness of the room as they take great pride in making sure every room is thouroughly cleaned. I will also forward along the information regarding the trash can by third floor elevator as this will be utilized as a training tool when our staff makes their rounds.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Did not stay here with Ethan, but did see a beautiful white dog on the premises while I was there.
I think this place has received a bum rap from a number of reviewers. Actually, they seem like the kind of people that would not be satisfied anywhere no matter what was done to accommodate them.
I booked the hotel after reading the manager's replies to the reviews and finding I could get a 15% discount on my room when booking it with my ticket. So, I took a chance.
The place needs a LITTLE refreshing, but they seem to be working on remodeling. I had the discount room and it was beautifully furnished, clean, with a private balcony, a snow capped mountain view, and a bed to die for! The beds are awesome.
TV was clear and big, work table with lamps and plug ins for the computer on the lamp bases.
Nice selection of toiletries. If I could find that bath soap with the bumps on it I would buy it. The finest lathering soap I have ever used.
It is a very small draw back (at least in my room) that the bathroom sink and vanity is located in with the toilet and shower. If travels are with a family it is nice to have the sink outside the bathroom. Plenty of hot water, but it took a little time (not much) to get up to the third floor)
Upon check in (early) the ladies at the front desk told me all about using the cocktail cards (two per night in the bar from 5-7) and instructed me where and when the breakfast buffet was served. This buffet puts the Marriott at Oyster Bay to shame. Cooked to order eggs, plus a buffet filled with REAL scramble eggs, bacon that actually tastes like bacon, and sausage that is made of real meat. Biscuits and gravy, but the gravy needs a little work to get the thickness and taste of real Southern style gravy. Fruit, rolls, toast, juices, coffee, milk, etc. It definitely is up to the rave reviews you read.
You are located near the American Mall and most places I wanted to go were within a 10 mile radius and usually less. Good indoor pool. Gift shop with snacks. Nice bar. Did not get a chance to try the dining room. Karaoke in the bar from 7-10 on Thursday night.
Would I stay here again? Yes, if I wanted the extra touches. Otherwise, the nearby Motel 6 is a cheap alternative and there are lots of other cheaper hotels around this place. Take into account that the free shuttle, free breakfast, and cocktails in the bat at night come with the room and the extra you pay is offset by the extra you get. Free wifi takes a little time to connect in the rooms.
This is a very busy hotel and they have groups coming and going all the time. Free on site parking. A shuttle driver that can take you anywhere (well, mostly anywhere) for free and he knows area places and sights to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelerWithDog

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us and for taking a chance on us. We take our reviews to heart and the more recenct reviews have been more favorable so we are definitely moving in the right direction with our service and accomodations. We are thrilled you enjoyed the bed and the amenities in the room. We are equally thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and all of the other outlets and services we are happy to offer our guests. We look forward to a future visit with us and maybe next time you can bring Ethan.