“Very basic”

Ranked #90 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Very basic”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Very basic motel room although convenient to have kitchenette.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The first clue is when they charge you for each cup of coffee and then ask for your drivers license in order to check out a hairdryer. Obviously caters to a different clientele than your average business traveler. Although the rooms are clean, it feels a little sketchy and I wouldn't recommend this hotel for other solo female business travelers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Candyce_D
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Good afternoon Ms. D,

Thank you for your comments and concerns in regards to our hotel. We are pleased that your room was clean and met your needs. The Suburban is a extended stay hotel and we take pride in the cleaniliness of our rooms and the over all value to our guests. Our goal is to make our hotel their home away from home. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will return the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Kind Regards,

Heather Buskirk
Suburban Extended Stay

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed November 20, 2010

The good - I stayed at the hotel for a month and had a pretty good experience overall. Front desk staff is nice and helpful. Rooms have plenty of room and storage space. Kitchens have all the untensils you will need. I felt safe outside and leaving my door cracked for fresh air. They also have windows with screens which was a nice feature. Another plus was the large laundry room - 4 or 5 washers & dryers.
The bad - I wasn't real happy with the carpet - dirty, my white socks were filty walking around the room and they changed room service from every 5 to 7 days after I already paid for a month. Parking can be an issue at times as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Titup
Washington State
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed here during Balloon Fiesta Week. The location was great, just a short drive to either freeway, which got us to where ever we wanted to go. The only downside which was mentioned here before.....when our neighbors were in the shower it sounded like they were in the room with us. Very loud - luckily they seemed to be on the same schedule we were so it wan't a huge problem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This review is about my most recent stay. As we have before, we booked this hotel for our visit for the Balloon Fiesta. We arrived late at about 12:30 in morning. Only the security guard was on duty at the front desk. She was unable to get us into the right room after three trys at making keys. One set was not woking for that room. Another set was for a room that was already occupied, and a third was for the right room but wrong keys. On the fourth try she was finally able to make a good set and for the right room. This all took about an hour and 4 trips to the front desk. Very disappointing not to have a desk clerk on duty at 12:30am; Management? Rest of the stay was uneventful. Rooms were quiet, comfortable and warm. We utilized the kitchenette, the free wi-fi and the television. All were excellent, although the TV channels were few and no pay per view movies. Parking was close by although crowded due to the event. Checkout was a breeze. Other than check-in, no problems at all. Nice stay, nice hotel. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2010
Phoenix
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I won this through hotwire and with the amenities listed had a good idea it was probably an extended stay hotel and I was right. I prefer a normal hotel with continental breakfast and daily maid service but this was not bad for the price. It was during the balloon fest to prices were alot higher than normal..and I had to have a room with high speed internet so I won this for 79/night. Room was small but had everything we needed included a fridge, stove, coffee maker and microwave. I recommend you bring more towels but we did get some extras. Also they only give you one bar of soap and 1 little bottle of shampoo. After 4 nights with kids our room was looking pretty wrecked with the maid only coming weekly but we managed. Wi-fi was easy to use and worked good, plenty of parking. TV had a couple movie channels. It was ok overall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nocturnalgirl72
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 3, 2010

In Albuquerque I was searching for budget and well located hotel. In my opinion Suburban Extended Stay is an excellent choice. It is located near to the highway crossing (about 1 mile). It gives huge flexibility when travelling to any point in the city. Rooms are basic, but spacious. I recommend this hotel, but I need to make one distinction: for traveller focused on the old city, I suggest to find something next to it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple