“What a nightmare”

Ranked #98 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Superior
“What a nightmare”
Reviewed July 4, 2005

toilet backed up and overflowed all over and there was no houskeeping - tub never drain - stayed 5 days before it was fixed - was double charged on the credit card - hotel stated online service never paid them - so now we are having to deal with that also. From Wisconsin to New Mexico to enjoy the beauty of the land and we were met with nothing but misery from our hotel.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank Crystal M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed June 28, 2005

Last week, I stayed at Equus Suites for 6 nights. My experience was wonderful. First, the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The room was no-frills but it was clean and it had everything I needed (I did call down to the office needing a hairdryer and dishwashing soap, and the staff happily provided it for me). The kitchenette had adequate dishes, cooking utensils, and silverware. Being an extended-stay suite, the maid came in the middle of the week to change the towels and bedding, which was fine. There is a coin-op laundry room on-site which was very convenient. I felt safe there and the room didn't have any funny smells. I highly recommend this hotel for the budget-conscious traveler, and I will definitely stay at Equus my next visit to Albuquerque.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vacaville, California
Reviewed March 7, 2005

We stayed here in April of 2003 for one week. It was very nice and clean. The only problems we had were finding the hotel. It was kind of hidden in a residential neighborhood area. I also remember there wasn't an elevator and we had to use the steps to get to our upstairs room. I guess all of the handicapped rooms must be on the lower level. The room was a little on the small side but had an adequate kitchenette. We only got one bed though being that we weren't with kids. Housekeeping doesn't do the dishes for you, just so you know. We didn't "cook" much so I don't know about how many pots and pans there were. The staff was great about getting us extra pillows. The bathroom was average size, and I believe it had a bench on the back of the tub which was nice for shaving. There was always hot water, pleanty of towels, and it was fairly quiet. I'd stay here again, though I'd like to venture out more next time.

• Stayed April 2003
9 Thank twoundertwoandahalf
Reviewed July 27, 2004

Clean, comfortable, affordable rooms and a wonderful staff made my stay that much more enjoyable!! This hotel felt like home with all its GREAT amenities. I will definately be staying here again and again on my return visits!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2004

I stayed at Equus last May and really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was super friendly and professional...went the extra mile to provide good service. Plus you can't beat the location close to shopping, restaurants, downtown... any trips back to Albuquerque I will be staying here.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix
Reviewed January 15, 2004

We will definitely return to this hotel! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the rates reasonable. We will return. I recommend this hotel!

6 Thank CookePhoenix
Reviewed October 17, 2003

It's OK, be adviced though this is an extended stay hotel and even though you may not be extending your stay, you will only be extended maid service and clean towels once every four days.. Tubs are tiny. Dishes in the kitchenette are sparse, but the fridge was good and cold.. No oven though!It's not a two room deal, it's a motel room with about six ft or a small kitchenete, no recliner, only a small breakfast bar to sit at.. You watch TV from bed or a tall stool at the breakfast nook.For a short stay it's fine, but I wouldn't stay long.. Also we got a handicapped room (not requested) so we had no place to park, ie we don't have a handcipa sticker and don't park in handicap zones. So we parked around back most of the time.The office has VERY limted hours, Sunday at 6 PM they are gone.... is ot the way to go either, you can save $30 a night by booking directly. We paid $79 via ... but the rate quoted at the Hotel was $49 to $59. For a King kitchenette.Be nice if you didn't have to go to the desk for dishsoap also..

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member