“Awesome staff”

Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Awesome staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

The rooms weren't all that great, but the beds were nice and comfortable and they have a decent flat screen TV and WiFi. But most of all the staff are truly amazing because I left my camera there (nikon D3300) and the helped me retrieve it :D

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Joe G,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your positive experience with Trip Advisor. I was really pleased that the staff was able to help you locate your missing camera. We really do have a wonderful staff that is willing to go above and beyond for our guests. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

The room was great, enjoyed staying there and customer service was really good. They were really nice and left my room clean every time :) I really recommend this place!I kept loosing my card to get in and the receptionist would give me new ones!its secure and safe! Really good places to eat around there too.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Juan G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Albuquerque are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff and services met your needs and expectations. We look forward to your next visit, we will have an extra key for you.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The service was excellent. I really enjoyed the services the hotel offered and the employees were super polite. If I need to rent a room from a hotel again I will go to suburban extended stay. I highly recommended to other people.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Rafealtheman,

Thank you for staying at our Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Albuquerque and for your recent review of our hotel. It was very kind of you to share your great experience on trip advisor. I am pleased to hear our staff was very helpful during your stay, we look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

New Mexico
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have stayed here a few times before over the past couple of years because I could get a good rate and the rooms were clean. The old adage "you get what you pay for " is starting to apply. True enough the location is very good but that may be the only bright spot besides the friendly staff. The "non-smoking" room I was initially given had an overwhelming cigarette smell. The next room I was given was somewhat less aromatic. The TV was a dinosaur but worked ok. The room itself was kind of dingy. There was some left over trash on the headboard and the bedding was clean but a little worn looking. The security lock on the door was loose and didn't provide me any sense of security. The free wifi was also somewhat slow but worked. I can't recommend this hotel until some upgrades, repairs and a good cleaning are done.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nmnurse
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear nmnurse,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and your recent stay. I am pleased that the staff made a great impression and continue to be friendly each time you visit. I am not so pleased with the overall experience you had while staying at the hotel. We are still in the process of updating our rooms and I do apologize that this room had not been updated and that there were some maintenance issues, these types of things should have been addressed before your arrival. I will be going over this review with the entire team to ensure another guest does not have these same issues. We hope that you will consider returning to the Suburban your next time in Albuquerque.

Kind Regards,
Heather Buskirk

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I'm not sure why this place has so many good reviews. The room we stayed in was a great size, but disgusting. My feet were black after only a few minutes of walking on the carpet and the floor of the tub was also dirty.

We did have a pet with us, so this may be why our experience was not so good. Pet-friendly hotels can sometimes neglect the necessary cleaning that is needed to keep things sanitary, but it's not an excuse to provide substandard accommodations. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CrystalMBA
Gallup, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I recently traveled to Albuquerque with my family for shopping/vacation.I was skeptical at first about this place but once I got there, I was very surprised. What makes it different from other hotels is the kitchen.
The kitchen is inside the room. It comes stocked with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, plates, bowls, cups, and utensils. It is great if you don't want to spend too much on food at restaurants or the like.
Its location is great as well; its located off of Menaul, across from Cost-Plus World Market. There are great stores and restaurants nearby. As well, its easy to get to. The hotel is just off of I-40.
One thing we had a problem with was pillows. They had two for each bed and each member of my family needs two pillows. The hotel did not have any more pillows so we had to go out to get more.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a family, bring more utensils. The room has only enough plates, utensils...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Shafiq C,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of our hotel. You hit the nail on the head, we offer all those items and are a great value for families such as yourself. I do apologize we were unable to have the extra pillows during your stay. We have since purchased more pillows just incase. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great place to stay. Fronk desk receptionists ate very friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a great location, high way is near by, stores and restaurants. I definetely recommend this hotel and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sel821,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with everyone on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you found our hotel staff to be very friendly and that our location worked perfect for you. We look forward to your future visit!

Kind Regards,