“Good week's stay”

Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We selected this hotel because we planned on staying for more than a week. The room was a good size, and the full-sized refrigerator was nice. The internet was sometimes hit and miss, but generally good. The laundry room was very convenient and well-priced. The bed was nice, and the pillows were very soft! I would have preferred more towels (there were two bath towels, and one housekeeping service per week, and from what I understood, there is a charge to get more towels), but overall the hotel was good, and I definitely got my money's worth. I also appreciated the receptionist allowing me to use the front desk computer to print since the guest printer was broken! I would stay again.

Room Tip: Bring extra towels if you're not alone.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Ashley P.

Thank you for your recent review of your temporary home away from home the Suburban extended Stay Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you especially liked the beds and pillows. I would like to apologize to you in regards to the amount of towels for your room; you are correct that we only offer two per single room however we would never charge for extra towels. Please let us know next time and we would be happy to supply you with more. We want to make sure your stay is perfect.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,
Heather

Reviewed March 30, 2014

There is an expression on traveling that says “Getting there is half the fun”, whoever said that hasn’t dealt with airlines or car rental agencies. We had two hectic days trying to make our connections to Albuquerque and with all the frustration there was a bright spot. When I called Suburban Extended Stay to explain that we were going to be a day late arriving I spoke to Darwin on the phone who said “Not a Problem, we’ll have a room for you”. This is our fourth stay here and we haven’t been disappointed. Suburban Extended Stay has what we require in a place to stay, a nice room, a kitchen, a TV (I noticed they now have a lot more channels), Wi-Fi (the signal is much stronger now), and a pleasant Staff, That’s all we need. Thank you and see you again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Nascat,

On behalf of the entire staff we want to Thank You for your review of the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Albuquerque, your home away from home. Our staff prides themselves on making sure that your stay is problem free. We look forward to seeing you next year as well!

Best Regards,
Heather

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Staff was wonderful, room was very quiet, couldn't hear neighbors. Location was great, right off interstate. Room wasn't cleaned properly, hair in bathroom and beds, dirt around light switches, etc. Needs some TLC.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a clean room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi Jennifer F,

Thank you for staying at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel while you visited Albuquerque. I was pleased to see that you found our staff to be wonderful and our rooms to be quiet. I was very disappointed that the cleanliness of your room lacked the same excitement and approval. I have addressed this with the housekeeper that serviced your room prior to arrival. I look forward to your next visit with us so we can show you it was a one time situation and not a normal occurrence.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I was pleased by this hotel, mostly because it was quiet. The room wasn't the cleanest (dust behind the dresser, a stain on the sheets), but honestly it wasn't enough to stop me from staying here. Also had a full kitchen, which was awesome! They do not serve breakfast, but with a kitchen I could just make my own. I will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear miskers1984,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. I am pleased that you had a great stay and we meet your needs. I do have to apologize for the dust behind the dresser and the stained sheet on the bed. I will address this issues with the housekeepers so that no other guest has the same issues. We look forward to your next stay and we hope you will give us "5's".

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Got hotel cheaply on Priceline. It was like a Motel 6 but with a kitchenette. Very basic and tight squeeze for family with kids. It was not bad for $36 but you get what you pay for. Extremely plain. One hotel unit. Bed had springs poking through the main problem. Good location right off I-40.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Paige P,

Thank you for choosing our hotel online and for staying with us, we know you have many choices when selecting accommodations in Albuquerque, NM. I wanted to let you know we are continually refreshing our hotel and are close to having all the mattresses replaced. We do apologize that your room had a older mattress and was not replaced at the time of your visit. We hope that when you travel through our beautiful city that you stop in with us again.

Kind Regards,
Heather Buskirk

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We checked in late at night and were ready to eat our takeout food. The room was dirty when we arrived. The countertops had crusty stuff stuck on them and dark grime. It was obvious that the floors had not been vacuumed. Glasses were dirty so I decided to use a coffee mug. The mug was on the table upside down. I turned it over and it looked like someone used it for an ashtray or mold was growing in it. The sheets were clean and it was late so we decided to stick it out and talk to the front desk in the morning. (Office closes at 11pm) Found a bunch of body hairs all over the shower in the morning. I complained to the manager at the front desk and she said all she could do was give me half off of the room since we did use the room.
If you stay here check in early and inspect the room.

Room Tip: Check in early and inspect the room for cleanliness. Report any problems right away and demand for t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear dgump, Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I would like to apologize on the behalf of our staff for failing to met your and our hotels expectations of cleanliness. I want you to know that this situation has been addressed with all our housekeeping staff. However despite our hours of operations we still have someone on staff to assist all our guests and we are always happy to address any issues immediately in order to correct them. My apologies and I hope you will give us another opportunity to offer the superior service we have been able to give many others.
Heather Buskirk

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I will stay there next year when we go that way. We stayed for 6 nights the room was clean the bed was excellent all appliances worked well and the shower had a massage shower head. The television was a newer lcd screen maybe 36 or 42 in. with perfect reception. The room was quite and the parking was great. The employees were very helpful when asked questions. We had a fine stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple