“Excellent Experiance”

Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Experiance”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have spent about 2 months in this motel,very good experience, good management , excellent rate. Front desk clerk Brenda and Darwin are the best ,they are very friendly and helpful,I feel like home, location is good, cleaning service was good too, I will rate 5 out of 5 to this motel.

Room Tip: Room near reception area is safe and good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Oms0805,

Thank you for staying at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Albuquerque and for this wonderful review. We are happy that you are part of our Suburban Family. We look forward to your return trip. I will be sure to share the great compliments with the staff, especially Darwin and Brenda.

Heather Buskirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,909 helpful votes
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have stayed many times at this very reasonably priced motel just north of I-40. The desk clerks are very friendly and helpful--Heather and Darwin both do a super job. If you need anything--toaster, hangers, utensils, make sure to ask for it. We spent 6 days here the last time and strongly recommend it if you want good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Pnemiller,

It was great to see you again, we always look forward to your return visits. I appreciate your kind reviews about the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Albuquerque. We value your loyalty to our hotel and your compliments about our staff. I will make sure Darwin knows you gave him kudos! I would like to thank you personally for mentioning us by name.

See you again soon,
San Antonio
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I travel to Albuquerque every month or so for 3-4 days. Staying at this hotel lets me manage my travel and work very efficiently and effectively. I get a great rate, a comfortable room and service that actually listens to me [they even accommodate my pillow type request!].
I use the kitchen the whole time I'm there - there are several stores nearby, I use the Whole Foods and Smith's - I can enjoy what I want, when I want, save a lot of cash and eat healthier when I'm traveling on the road.
The space is multi-functional with good task lighting that allows me to set up camp and get some work done.
Nope, not many additional amenities - which is good cause I don't want to pay for a bunch of stuff I don't need/use. [There is no such thing as "free" you pay for it in the rate folks!]
If it is your money, or you are, a company that wants to manage expenses this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: I read some folks had issues with noise - I keep my a/c fan on constant and never hear other sounds...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LiveRight
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear LiveRight,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque as your “Home Away From Home”. Our hotel was specifically created for you and other like-minded travelers. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and safe place for our Suburban Extended Stay family. We look forward to meeting all your business travel needs in the future and we will always make sure your pillow request is available when staying with us.

See you again soon LiveRight!

Roswell, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the kitchen ,it has with the fridge,being twice the size versus the small one u usually get when staying at a hotel. It was reasonably priced, and would be great place to stay if longer than 1 or 2 nights to take advantage of the full kitchen conveniently in your room..

• Stayed July 2013
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Manuel G,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Tempe
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Enjoyed the room! Faced the parking lot, which ?increased? likelihood of hearing other's shouting or conversations. Thus, noise insulation not best. Otherwise, interior was in fine condition and the kitchenette served the purpose. No coffee provided.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot was noisy from others' conversations. (second floor, 258)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jackemeyer,

Thank you for staying with us at the Suburban. We appreciate your positive review and we hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Albuquerque. Let me know when you return and I will be happy to provide you with coffee during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Colorado
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The company we work for booked some rooms for a two week stay. They got a good deal but we didn't. This is an older motel that has had a bad face lift. The room's are only cleaned once a week on extended stays so expect a few trips to the office for clean towels and linens or to borrow a vacuum or iron. The kitchen area is quite small and only furnished with a very minimal amount of dishes and cooking utensils. Our fridge had seen better days as the door (hinged wrong for the room) didn't latch very well.The bath was small and our tub didn't drain properly so by the time your through showering your standing in a couple inches of water. The... shall we say "night time activity's" that take place in the parking lots outside the rooms at night are enough to make the police cruise the premises quite regularly. Now on the positive side of the review, there is a laundry room that was convenient to do a few loads of clothes. Being close to I-25 & l-40 it is located pretty centrally and makes it easy to get around ABQ. Some good restaurant's and shopping are near. All of the staff I meet were very friendly and helpful. I would like to thank Darwin and Michael for their running things to our room when needed and for suggestion's of places to eat and such. Brenda was also friendly and polite. With their skills in customer service and our new found knowledge of where not to stay, I hope we all meet at a nicer place next time in town.

Room Tip: If you can't do better than here, stay between buildings - first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear LLW444,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor, we appreciate all your feed back.

We appreciate your company booking your stay with our hotel and that the staff treated you so well, I will be sure to have them each read this review and give them kudos for meeting your guest service expectations.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your other expectations, we are currently doing refreshes on our rooms and we are getting closer and closer to completing the first phase which is bed replacement. The next phases will follow shortly after.

I hope when you are in the area again you will stay with us, please contact me directly and I will be happy to get you in a refreshed room.

Kind Regards,
Heather Buskirk

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed here before and although nothing great, it was decent enough for a few weeks last year. All that changed this year as things went downhill fast and furious. I had my shades open one afternoon and I noticed a woman with her hands behind her back. Turns out she was in handcuffs and I as peered outside further, I noticed three undercover police officers with black ski masks on and one cop had his gun drawn. Another guy who lived a few doors down was in handcuffs and soon after a car was being towed. Manager tried to brush it off, but this was clearly a planned out raid and cops only hide their identity in drug busts. The next night another Albuquerque cop car was parked at the office and two days later as I was talking a walk at 9am, some shady dude smoking a cig and leaning against his car, asks me for gas money.
Besides that, they are really stingy with towels and you can hear water and noises pretty clearly from adjoining rooms. The hotel is in a good location with Nob Hill just up the street, but the prices are low and that seems to draw the wrong crowd. You might be able to survive one night, but after that, good luck. The management also doesn't believe in free speech as they deleted my Facebook post about the incident. The truth always wins in the end.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brad H
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Brad,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel and for your return visit this year. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

In all honesty, we have been waiting for your review and we are pleased that it has finally arrived so that we can address it publicly in order to clear up the misconceptions and false accusations so thank you again.

As for the Police being on the property, what better way to keep our guests safe? As with any Hotel, Grocery Store, Mall, etc., A strong Police presence lets the criminal element know that they should probably go elsewhere. We will continue to welcome any and all law enforcement on our property to continue to curb illegal activity from occurring on our property. As you probably already know, State and Federal Law Enforcement stay with us too and are regular guests of ours and always welcome.

The individual who was arrested on our property was not a guest of our Hotel. This was confirmed by cross checking his name on the Police Blotter with our records. It just so-happens that he was stopped on our property and arrested for a crime that occurred elsewhere.

As I'm sure you are smart enough to figure out, Cops draw their guns for reasons OTHER THAN drug busts. Some undercover officers wear masks, some don't. It makes sense to me that they wouldn't pull a banana out and point it at a person of interest if they felt threatened.

As for a guy asking for money in the parking lot, I can recall a number of times when I walk onto Wal-Mart property and get the same thing. In fact, just about anywhere near downtown areas you will find less fortunate individuals. In fact, I was in Phoenix not too long ago and had the same problem there and it was a 4 star hotel. Unfortunately, the current economic situation has forced some good people to do things they wouldn't normally do.

This doesn't mean we condone this activity on our property though. A person in the parking lot doesn't mean that person is a guest of the property. It just means that the person is on the property. When we see these issues, we address them and send that person or people on their way. If they refuse to leave, we have the Police escort them off the property.

The first time you stayed with us you also brought up something about the towels. We let you know then that as with all Extended Stay Hotels, we will gladly exchange towels for all of our guests. We just ask that the guest brings their dirty towels to the front desk to be exchanged which is standard operating procedure for almost all Extended Stay Hotels.

We encourage all of our guests, past and present, to let us know how we are doing. However, we do not tolerate false accusations from being spread just as we wouldn't allow comments against race, religion, creed, etc., to be posted.

Since we are a business that reserves the right to refuse service and since you are obviously against Police protection, poor people asking for money, guns and masks, dirty towels, and Facebook post removals, you are free to choose any other Hotel during your next stay in Albuquerque.

Warmest Regards,