“Good”

Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
Ranked #98 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. I felt safe here. Location convenient to Walmart, Kmart, Wholefoods Market, other shopping, fast food, bus routes. Would have felt better if the walls of my room were cleaner and under my bed was vaccuumed, but overall seemed clean enough.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank MontSD

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I spent a fair amount of time in ABQ at the Suburban Extended Stay and found the location, the staff and the facilities excellent. Heather and Benda knew the city and the surrounding area and my 5 months there were terrific.
--cylndr667

Room Tip: If you're going to be in one location for an extended period, always ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Employees helpful. Room bed OK. No noise from neighborring rooms. coffee pot provided but bring your own coffee and filters. Very cheap rate through hotels.com -- but when I got home & checked credit card I had been charged $50 "smoke" charge (non-smoking room); explained to manager that I have been smokefree 5 years to no avail. So I definitely would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: check your credit card statement for addittional chares; even if it doesn't do any good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank seeker1866
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at the extended stay for 3 months and I travel with pets. I spoke with Heather via hotelpanner.com and then on the phone. We kept a good communicative relationship during the entire stay. I asked for the first floor and near the laundromat and I got all that. I made the mistake of not notifying them 24 hours before I left one day early and they were unable to reimburse my room fee for the last night. But she did not charge me for the pets so I made out there. The only other issue was having housekeeping show up before I went to work and the language barrier. Other than that if I needed something I got it. The king mattress was a bit to firm for me but ok. I would stay there again if working in albuquerque. It was very close to work.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank carolornurse
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed here last month and must say this was the best hotel I stayed at for most of the trip. I was absolutely pleasantly surprised when I opened my hotel room door. It was clean, smelled nice and the bed was perfect and comfortable. I LOVED the fact that the kitchenette was supplied with cups, plates, pots & pans and utensils!! The bathroom was clean and well stocked. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about it. I am glad we stayed here!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsCamama
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Folks say you get what you pay for. At the Albuquerque Suburban Extended Stay you get more than your money’s worth. We have stayed here three times and the latest stay showed us that the Management is sprucing up the place. The first thing we noticed was the new exterior paint job and then found that our room was freshly painted.
As for the room, we have always been satisfied; the kitchen set up is good for two people but not more.
I appreciated the new Satellite TV with two HBO stations and ESPN.
The Front Desk Staff has always been friendly and cooperative, and the Laundry Room is great with 5(?) Washers and 8 Dryers, we bring less clothes with us and wash everything about half way through our visit.
What I really like about this Suburban Extended Stay is that its clientele is mostly Working Class (Business People and Contractors); they leave in the morning and come back at night to sleep.
The only fault that I could find this visit was the lack of hangers in our room, we picked up a 10 pack at the local Grocery Store, they were a bargain in comparison to the ones offered in the Funny Gift Guide (see photo).
Can’t wait for our next trip to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael W
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We had been to this motel years ago and stayed recently for one night. They have a great location off I-40 at Carlisle, convenient to stores and dining. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We asked for a first floor room in a quiet area and got it. There was a comfortable king size bed and a kitchette for the senior rate of about $36. There is also free wifi, a computer to use in the office and a laundry room. The only weakness to this place is a lack of a toaster and the need for more kitchen items--soup spoons, more pots, etc. This a very good stop in the area at a great price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple