“Beer and soul food”

Ranked #36 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to Nexus, the beer place that brings people together. It's not just a place; it's an experience. Nexus Brewery is dedicated on being the Albuquerque brewery that people can count on when it comes to providing amazing tasting beer and excellent food. We love good beer, and that makes our job just that much more fun. We sell delicious New Mexican soul food with a mix of southern comfort food. Come on down to Nexus Brewery and enjoy the beer we brew. We'd love to meet you and pour you a cold one.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had driven down from Santa Fe so that I could visit the tasting room at Gruet, and the staff at Gruet recommended Nexus when we asked about a brew pub in the area. It was super busy with a wait for a table so we sat at the bar and had a great time chatting up the bartender. My husband enjoyed his IPA, and their iced tea is excellent (I had already had enough to drink at the tasting room). We ordered the calabacitas, which was zucchini and yellow squash mixed with corn and green chile. The portion was generous (we ordered the large) and arrived piping hot. They were fabulous. We also ordered the chips and salsa, but these were disappointing. I would have loved to have tried the chicken as well. Next time!

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thanks for checking us out. Although I wish you'd enjoyed our chips and salsa as much as our calabacitas and iced tea, I'm glad you had a nice experience overall, and I appreciate the honest review. Looking forward to hearing what you think of our fried chicken!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Saw this place on Diners Drive ins, and Dives... didn't disappoint. Great selection of craft beers, local wines, and excellent food! The staff was great, very friendly. Have the chicken and waffles!

Thanks for stopping by, Kaycee. Great food, great beer, great service—it sounds like we did right by you on all accounts, which is really nice to hear. The next time you're in Albuquerque, you know where to find us!

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The location is hidden. The ambience is that of a bar. The honey pecan fried chicken and collards are heaven. A must try on the pricey side.

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks for spreading the word about us. It's great to hear you're a fan of our food—you can't go wrong with our fried chicken and collards. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I tried several beers; liked the Scottish ale but the Imperial Cream was my favorite. Good chicken, mediocre waffles, NOT real maple syrup. :-( Friends liked their gumbo and fish tacos. We will be moving on to try another spot. So far, Cafe Trang is the big winner.

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Although I'm glad you enjoyed our Imperial Cream Ale and fried chicken, Chris, I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by our waffles. That said, I appreciate the honesty—nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism.

Do you think you'd be up for giving us a second shot sometime? We'd love another chance to impress you.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went to Nexus Brewery with our daughter because this place was featured on Diners and Dives. We had their signature dish of fried chicken and waffles. Wonderful and delicious are the first words to pop into my head. Try their appetizer of fried squash, it doesn't sound exciting but it is. They have very good craft beer to wash down the food with, but you really don't need it.

"Wonderful and delicious are the first words to pop into my head"—nice! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience, Tim. The team and I appreciate it. Hope you and your daughter will come back and see us again soon!