“Great food great price”

Nexus Brewery
Ranked #26 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Nexus, the beer place that brings people together. It's not just a place; it's an experience. Nexus Brewery is dedicated on being the Albuquerque brewery that people can count on when it comes to providing amazing tasting beer and excellent food. We love good beer, and that makes our job just that much more fun. We sell delicious New Mexican soul food with a mix of southern comfort food. Come on down to Nexus Brewery and enjoy the beer we brew. We'd love to meet you and pour you a cold one.
“Great food great price”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I would really recomend this place. Prices arent bad. The burgers are awsome. Fish and chips ok. Next time ill try the chicken and waffles

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
You have to try the chicken and waffles. They are great, even if I do say so myself. Thank you for the 5 star review, glad you appreciate our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Not our scene”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The building is located near the Best Western hotel and is a lock-up unit still with a roll-up door. The interior was bland with a bare concrete floor and basic furnishings. The place was too cool and most people were wearing coats. We ordered food and it took 35 minutes to serve 2 burgers one of which was not very hot. Others who came in after us were served quicker so it looked like we were forgotten.
If this was a McDonald's it would receive a lot of criticism for the environment and the food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank warboys
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy the experience at our brew pub. I did visit with staff and ask them to be sure they monitor the tempature; there should be no reason for customers to be cold. As for the lenght of time for the burgers and the fact that one burger was not warm. It sounds like a mistake was made on one of your burgers and staff did not tell you. This is inexcusable and I will make a point of having staff at least let you know what is happening to your food and assure all the food is hot. Thanks for the feedback and we will try really hard to make sure this does not happen again.
albuquerque new mexico
“Soul food and more in Albuquerque!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having ridden my bike on the bikepath adjacent to Nexus, I have been meaning to try this place for awhile, finally made it and what a treat!
Thinking that I could ride on my bike, have a brew and not worry about driving home, I've waited. But just decided to go on a Sunday afternoon.
It's not terribly easy to get to Nexus, unless you're on the bike trail, you can only get there by going north on the frontage road. But there is plenty of parking once you turn in to the place. This was the only negative in my whole dining experience here.
We were greeted promptly and chose a table close to the bar but away from other diners. There were TV's with NFL games on giving this part of the restaurant a sports bar field. The friendly waitress was prompt and welcoming, giving us plenty of time to choose from the varied menu.
Neither of us chose the signature Waffles and Chicken but opted for Mexico and Louisiana via fish tacos and red beans and rice with Andouille sausage. The fish in tacos was seasoned perfectly without any annoying sauces to ruin the flavor but pico de gallo instead. My red beans dish was as good as any I've had west of Louisiana. True Andouille sausage was totally savory, not hot, just the right amount of spices. We practically licked the bowl clean of the turkey broth- soaked collard greens we ordered. Honestly, they were almost as good as my mother used to make.
Sometimes fairly or not, I judge a restaurant by the cleanliness of the bathroom. The men's room of Nexus was spotless. We were also paid a visit by the manager on duty to ask how our meal was. All the staff made us feel like we were appreciated, not just any other paying customer.
Regarding the ambiance, the walls on part of the restaurant, are lined with paintings and is dedicated to a small gallery. I also discovered that they give tours of the brewery and there is live music on some weekends.
All in all we had a pleasant experience at Nexus and look forward to returning soon.

• Visited October 2013
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Glad you had a wonderful experience. I will definitely let staff know your comments. We look forward to seeing you again. Ken
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Good beer, Average Food, Hard to Find”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Even though the sign fronts on I-25, it feels like you're going into a back alley to find Nexus. The dark parking lot and surrounding warehouses reinforce the feeling, and the ambiguous entrance doesn't do much to make one feel comfortable going in. The beer (it's a brewery, after all) is the reason. Good brewpubs abound in ABQ, and Nexus' beer offerings are fully in line with the high level of quality of the best local spots. Food is basically average pub grub.

Visited September 2013
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for the compliment on the beer. I am sorry that you considered the food just pub grub. Did you get a chance to try our fried chicken or fish? But anyway, I do appreciate your comments.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food, pretty good beer”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent red beans and rice, and the fried chicken is great. The fish tacos are good but be careful, the hot sauce is really hot. All of the beers we've tried were good but unexceptional. All seemed a little undercarbonated too.

Visited September 2013
kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for stopping by. I am very happy you loved the fish and chicken. I am happy that the beer was not a negative. I will pass on your feedback which is really appreciated. It is our goal to produce the very best in food and beer, keep an eye on us. We here you. Thanks