“A few good beers, most of the food unsafe for vegetarians”
Review of Nexus Brewery

Nexus Brewery
Ranked #29 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Welcome to Nexus, the beer place that brings people together. It's not just a place; it's an experience. Nexus Brewery is dedicated on being the Albuquerque brewery that people can count on when it comes to providing amazing tasting beer and excellent food. We love good beer, and that makes our job just that much more fun. We sell delicious New Mexican soul food with a mix of southern comfort food. Come on down to Nexus Brewery and enjoy the beer we brew. We'd love to meet you and pour you a cold one.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The main line beers in my opinion are nothing special or note worthy, like most Abq breweries wheat is over used months before its time. the chocolate stout is phenomenal, as is their scottish, however nothing here is worth the up charge to fill a growler, the base price being 18, no one wants to pay 16$ for a simple scottish ale. the ipa lacks gusto, and the white, cream, imperial cream, and anything else I tried in my flight lacked enough flavor to leave an impression or left me with a desire for a glass. The Mac and cheese, the only thing actually safe for vegetarian consumption is amazing, get the large, the side is plenty but its so good you'll want more. this place has great customer service, the bar staff great, the patio is small and crowded not to mention halfway into the parking lot, so don't bring your dogs unless you all want to have a miserable time.

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hello Jason,
Thank you for your comments. I also love our Scottish Ale, its my favorite and the Chocolate Portor is very good too. Sorry at your disappointment on some of the other beers. I am a little concerned that we did not relay the cost of our growler fills. Our standard beers only cost $10 a fill and our high ABV beers range from $12 to $13. If you add the growler bottle, the price is $15. Our price is pretty much in line with most breweries in town. I apologize for the confusion.

Thank you for rating our service level as high, we really want to provide a great experience. And yes the mac n cheese is really good if I do say so myself, glad you enjoyed! You can find other vegetarian dishes on the menu and I am sure if you visit with our servers they can help you in that regard. We have a beer review panel with independent experts and I will share your comments on the beer with them so that we can continue to improve our beer. We can never be satisfied, there is always another level to take any product or service we provide. Thanks again and come back for some more mac n cheese.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Friday dinner and beer. Very tasty. Fried chicken is the best ever. Okra and collard greens like down south. Great beer as a bonus. Will not disappoint.

kcarson330, Owner at Nexus Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am very happy you enjoyed the food and beer. It was our pleasure. Ken

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped here for lunch traveling through Albuquerque on our way home. We always try to find breweries with patios, so we can have our dog with us. This place didn't disappoint, the barkeep even brought her a bowl of water. The inside was that typical urban factory look that a lot of modern brewpubs tend to go for. The patio was perfect. We had the IPA which was a very respectable west coast style. The food served here is primarily southern style, which is slightly different, especially in the southwest. My wife had the southern style chicken sandwich which she enjoyed, and I had the pulled pork sliders, which were delicious and bountiful. Both plates were served with an abundance of fries. We also tried a side of greens which were pretty good, considering we were in Albuquerque. The service was excellent, though they did however try to "up sell" a bit, but not too much. All in all a pretty good experience.

So glad you enjoyed the food, beer, patio and service. We do encourage upselling but only to a level to inform the customer of options. Sorry if it appeared pushy. I'll discuss with our managers and wait staff. Thanks again and look forward to you visiting again as you pass through Albuquerque in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Busy ,not overly expnsive until you get your meal.
I had two peices of southern fried chicken with a waffel,a little butter, and maple syrup.
The cost $10
The beer was home brewed and good.
I can't get over patrons in a restuarant smoking those new electronic cigarettes!
Overal not bad but not too good

I am pleased that you enoyed our beer. As for the chicken and waffles, I apologize if your portions did not appear up to your expectation. We really do want to you have a wonderful experinece. I do want to thank you for your comments, its the best way for us to improve.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Traveling across country with my dog, finding a good place for dinner was a difficulty most places. I read that nexus had a patio and so I called and asked if they were dog friendly. They said no problem, and when I arrived they even brought a dog bowl filled with ice water for my puppy. They also came over and gave her some love (then went straight to wash their hands!).

The food was REALLY good. Chicken and waffles were excellent. So fresh and crisp. Anything with green chilis was great too, we tried the nachos and the enchiladas.

As an added bonus they had a really great string quartet playing in the inside part of the inside/outside patio. It sounded great, but was quiet enough that we could still talk. Bonus!

-1 star because the beer was just OK. The special imperial cream ale was quite good.

Thank you for your comments. Happy to please with the food and service. We apprciate all of your comments and it certainly will give emphasis to work on improving everything we do. Thanks