“Los Poblanos”

Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just completed a five-week road trip; staying at B&Bs and inns whenever we could. Los Poblanos was certainly unique. While the staff is friendly and helpful, it does not have the gracious atmosphere of a B&B. What is does have is a beautiful setting in a convenient location. Be sure and wander the grounds as there is much to enjoy that is not obvious at first glance.
We had an upgraded room which was bigger that many apartments. There is also a gourmet restaurant where you can enjoy dinner as well as the complimentary breakfast.
All things considered; this is certainly a treat and worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A farm for over 150 years, LosPoblanos is a beautiful unfussy hacienda, set in irrigated farmlands west of Albuquerque. The food is organic and deliciously fresh, the staff are all friendly and efficient, and the gardens like a secret green hideaway. You can tour the farm and vegetable garden, try the lavender products in the farm shop, and chat with the resident peacocks. Light a fire in your room if its chilly. Utterly delightful. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would have never guessed that there would be a place like this in the middle of ABQ. It is beautiful, relaxing, historic. Felt like we had turned back the clock to a different era!

The rooms are well appointed and spacious. We stayed in the original home with a large courtyard with flowers and water fountain just a away from the room. The grounds and rows of lavender in the fields are spectacular. There is a fabulous farm store. And the goats, sheep, chickens, and miniature mules are fun for all.

The restaurant at the inn is fantastic! Fresh ingredients, spectacular flavors, creative preparations. We created our own tasting menu for dinner and each course was better than the last (thanks, Mary!). The service is top notch (thanks, Ryan and David!!).

The only reasons down sides:

1. The bathroom was older and small (remnants of another era)
2. There wasn't good connectivity ... Difficult if you plan on doing any work

We highly recommend Los Poblanos to anyone planning a trip to ABQ.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Picture it - you have just arrived in Albuquerque and you have barely survived navigating the two main highways *the 25 and the 40" where merging and exiting occur all at the same time usually with 6 lanes in play and you turn into a tree-lined long lane way that leads to this quiet farm. You don't quite believe it but it's there - you are welcomed and shown to your room which is magnificent and as you walk there you are cut off by a peacock who is taking an afternoon stroll on the grounds, his grounds by the way. The farm has a great little store, tons of animals to talk to and stare at, wonderful grounds to discover, a nice pool, bikes to borrow and more importantly a great place to feel far away from the city when you are actually smack dab in one. The breakfast was wonderful - two options are offered along with homemade granola which is fabulous according to my partner. We slept like queens, ate like kings and thoroughly enjoyed our stay - next time we are coming back for at least 4 days.

Room Tip: some rooms are part of the main inn but are not as private
1  Thank BunnyIzzy
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our first time to Albuquerque. As we explored the grounds the first afternoon, my husband turned to me and said, "How DID you find this place?!?!"
We stayed in Girard #6 behind the dining room. The peacocks, lotus pond and bocce ball court were his first clues that this was going to be an out of the ordinary experience.
Only complaint was some minor difficulty with an Internet connection, but the staff went all out to try to make things work for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When I found this Inn on the internet, I fell in love and wanted to stay there. We booked nine months in advance for the 2012 Balloon Fiesta opening weekend and during those nine months my excitement to stay there increased as did my expectations for its awesomeness. I was not let down, in fact the Inn and the staff exceeded my expectations. It's absolutely charming.

We stayed three nights in Farm Suite 2 which had a king bed, a living room, a kitchen area (no microwave, but oven & full fridge), and sitting areas out two sides. It is detached from all other rooms.

We ate breakfast in the dining room twice and one morning of the Balloon Fiesta they brought us breakfast-to-go the evening before. We also ate dinner one night at La Merienda which was delicious. The dining staff/chefs were very accommodating of my husband's vegan diet.

We did the self-tour of the grounds which I highly recommend (I think a guided tour is available, too). The Cultural Center, Library, gardens, Farm Shop, farm, and grounds are beautiful and I imagine many guests don't ever explore it. The staff at the Farm Shop was also very friendly.

We thought the location was excellent. It was 10 minutes to the Indian Cultural Center/Old Town and about 20 minutes to Balloon Fiesta Park (we left before 5 am).

What I think separates a hotel/inn from its competitors is the ability of the staff to handle special requests and for this Los Poblanos Inn gets 5 stars. Christina at the front desk was exceptional.

The Inn provides earplugs due to the peacocks' loud noises, but we never heard them even once. Not sure if that is seasonal or if others have found it to be a problem.

Room Tip: The rooms vary by location on the property, size (some with living rooms), price, and size of bed (k...
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My mother and I had a long drive from Phoenix, AZ and so we didn't get in to Albuquerque until around 10 o'clock at night. The staff was very accommodating and left keys and a map out front. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) our travel-addled brains couldn't quite figure out the map in the dark, so we had a hilarious time exploring the hotel grounds in the dark. There was a full moon that night and it all looked very picturesque in the moonlight. Eventually, my mother suggested I try one of the keys in the front door and voila! We were in! Unfortunately, I think we woke half the inn getting settled, but once we managed to get our bags in and I had a shows with the lavender soap they make there and snuggled into my comfy bed, i felt like a whole new person! everything smelled of lavender and it was clean and adorable! The whole inn looked like it came straight out of a magazine! Everyone we ran into was helpful, accommodating, and super friendly! I definitely will come back any time I can visit the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area! Very highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family