“Wonderful Hidden Gem In The City”

Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Jackson, Mississippi
“Wonderful Hidden Gem In The City”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were looking for an interesting small hotel on our way back from Santa Fe where we could relax for the evening and head to the airport the following morning. Los Poblanos was perfect. It is a rustic and beautiful little gem in Albequerque.

Room Tip: We stayed in Meem #2. It was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New York
Reviewed June 7, 2011

From the second we turned onto the property and drove up the tree lined driveway I was impressed. From reading all of the previous reviews I had high expections of the Inn, and I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly, helpfull, and informative. The rooms had a lovely smell of lavender. The grounds were beautifull, and I loved seeing the peacocks roaming the property. They can get loud, but it's not excessive. The hotel does provide ear plugs in the room for anyone who it bothers. Make sure that you take a walk around the property...flowers, small lake, the farm animals (baby goats for so cute!) Breakfast was very good. I was very happy with the whole experience and would love to return one day!

One tip: Make sure if using a gps to put the actual addess of the hotel in. I used just the name at first and it brought me to the back farmland...which is about a ten minute drive around to the front.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank darew
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2011

That pretty much says it all. Los Poblanos is a gem in the green belt of Albuqurque along the Rio Grande, which is within walking distance. The grounds are beautiful - the old garden between the historic buildings is amazing and quirky. Trty figuring out what all the mosaic designs are about - they all seem to be telling their own personal story. The architecture is classic 1920s New Mexico and the new wing and buildings (we stayed in Meems 2) blend seamlessly into both the old house and farm architecture.

Our room featured a wine refrigerator (New Mexico's wines we found were marvelous, the same unexpected treat we discovered about Arizona's wines) and a gorgeous bathroom with a complete supply of the lavender toiletries that Los Poblanos makes from their own harvest. We were greeted with a delicious picnic lunch that we requested - but, a note to staff, make sure you have silverware and napkins to go with it. :)

Breakfast was awesome - my only regret was we missed our second one because I scheduled our flight out too early.

For dinner make a reservation at Artichoke downtown - fabulous, locally raised food that was excellently prepared, and a great wine selection as well.

Room Tip: The new Meems wing rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RichTO537
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The Los Poblanos Inn was better than it looked on the web site. When we entered our suite we could not believe how large it was. There were more closets and drawers than I have in my own home!
The grounds are amazing and it is so quiet and relaxing we did not want to leave for sightseeing!
The breakfast that is included was better than a 4 star restaurant!
If you have a trip to Albuquerque, I would say stay at Los Poblanos Inn. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I brought my Mother out for a vacation getaway during the weekend of mother's day. The Inn service was good. The room had a country rustic appeal almost like inside a log cabin. It was very relaxing and stress free. The property allowed guest to get in touch with nature via the gardens, plants and farm animals. The peacocks and ducks on the property was fun to watch. However, the breakfast fell short of what we expected. We are from Houston where we are used to a country style breakfast of (all you can eat) choice of pancakes, biscuits, muffins, eggs and whole fruit varieties. You will not find this at Los Poblanos. The breakfast is served with limited quality menus of dishes you can barely pronouce and the flavor of the meals was not impressive. Outside of this, the stay was great.

• Stayed May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2011

All of the staff were very friendly, personable, and genuine.
We stayed in one of the rooms built within the last year, the bed was plush and soft. We had no trouble sleeping, there were packages of ear plugs to drown out the peacocks but we never heard them. The bathroom was large and the bathtub is the first one I've found in a long time that you can truly soak in.
Breakfast by their chef was delicious, my husband took the cooking class on Cinco de Mayo and enjoyed every moment and picked up many useful tips.
No matter where we went around Albuquerque or to the small town of Madrid all of the people, whether shop owner, waiter, or fellow visitor, were all genuinely friendly.
We could not have had a better stay!

Room Tip: a porch with a view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed May 2, 2011

If you are looking for a place to relax and recharge, this is IT! It is not far from the airport and accessible to almost everything. I do have to say that I live in Manhattan, so vacation for me is going to someplace quiet and out-of-the-way. My partner and I were looking forward to this place. We had high hopes and they were exceeded.

Let's start with breakfast. The only downside is that the chefs are not cooking me breakfast like this everyday. Just absolutely delicious. Just wonderfully nutritious. Just a great way to start the day. We loved the shakshouka with poached eggs so much, I got the recipe. For those of you not looking for delicious food, you may want to avoid this breakfast. The selection of teas, coffee, and beverages is bountiful. I love a place that gives me a pot to brew my tea in. The breakfast area was cozy and welcoming. I could have stayed there all day.

As for the rooms, we had heard about some issues with the heating system. I am happy to say that they have been solved. The bed & linens were wonderful. The lavender toiletries were so good, we bought some at the farm store to bring home. I love that they had a fridge where I could store some food and wine. There is a TV that has almost any channel I would want. The room we were in was so cozy, we bought dinner one night and ate while watching TV. The Inn was more than accommodating and even loaned us some plates and silverware.

May I suggest you borrow the free bikes and go for a ride along the paved Rio Grande path. We biked and hiked it. If the pool is open, take a dip. Walk the grounds and just enjoy the lavender, the trees, and the beautiful sky. Look out for Albert the white peacock.

Overall, I cannot wait to visit again. I would love to come during the high season when the lavender is blooming.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple