“A great learning experience for a young and inexperienced rider.”

Bosque Circle Ranch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great learning experience for a young and inexperienced rider.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I bought a horseback riding lesson on groupon for my just turned five year old daughter. She loves horses, well i know not a thong about animals. My daughter had a lesson, Sylvia, whom i believe was giving the lesson, made sure that my daughter understood the names of everything that goes on the horse in order to ride it. I appreciated the discipline of making my daughter brush the horse, feed him, and even pick up his droppings. That way my daughter knew the responsibilities of having a horse. I also appreciated that helmets were provided and the cleanliness of the place. My daughters birthday is coming up and i am hoping to have her party there, as well as send her to the summer camp.

Visited April 2011

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Set the record straight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

I am Sylvia from Bosque Circle Ranch. I would like to comment on 10/28/11. This customer I remember very well because I had returned a dozen or more phone calls trying to set up his appointment. every time I called I was unable to reach him and left several messages. When I finally did reach him I informed him that the dates that he wanted to ride were full and he would have to ride in December. He was upset about riding in the cold and demanded I extend the expiration date of his voucher for another 6 months! I did not refuse service to this customer until he called me a thief and a liar! No one should be talked to like that! I did hang up on the customer after several insults and harsh words! If you can't be nice than we don't need your business!

Visited October 2011
10 Thank Sylvia M
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

It took almost a month to finally talk to Sylvia to make a reservation. She was very rude over the phone and acted like she didn't appreciate my business much (maybe because I got vouchers thru livingsocial). She hung up on me saying, "this conversation is over." I don't know if she's the owner or just a receptionist. I called the livingsocial and made a complaint about this business' poor customer service and got my refund. This place might be great for horses but for humans, not sure.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank Kyung L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I will be asking for a refund.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Had I read the reviews here first, I would not have bought the coupons from Living Social for me and my husband. Our coupon expires in December. We were extremely busy in August, so I called last weekend to book our horseback ride for some time in September. I got a return call on Sunday while I was at church. Sylvia Martin left me a voicemail indicating she had an opening on a Monday or some weekday. I called her back right away, and got her voicemail, and told her I needed a weekend, as my husband and I both work during the week. So she called me back, and left another voicemail (I was still in church), and said she had Oct. 22nd at 2 pm available. I called back to confirm that that date and time was OK, but I never heard back from her. I called again on Monday. Nothing. I called again on Tuesday, and left e-mails. Nothing. I called again on Wednesday, and left e-mails. Nothing. She finally called me back today, Thursday, but when I picked up the phone it sounded like she was multi-tasking and not aware that I had picked up the line. I also got an e-mail from her today, Thursday, moving my appointment from Oct. 22 at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Really? After daylight savings time begins, how am I supposed to enjoy a horseback ride in the dark??? I called her back (got voicemail again), and e-mailed, her back and said, "NO. You need to give me another weekend in the morning." I still have not heard back from her. If I do not hear back from her by tomorrow, Friday, I will be asking for a full refund. I wish I could enjoy a crisp fall weekend horseback riding with my husband, but I guess it's not gonna happen. If they are so busy, why run a Living Social or Groupon special? Too busy to answer the phone? Too busy to answer e-mails? Lousy customer service so far!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank Judith A
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My 8-Year-Old Daughter and I had a Wonderful Trail Ride this Morning.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Bosque Circle Ranch has, to date, one extremely, and unfairly, negative review. My daughter is eight, loves animals, especially dogs and horses, wants to be a vet when she grows up, and I made reservations for a trail ride at Bosque Circle Ranch three weeks ago as a birthday present to her. We arrived at the ranch a little before eight in the morning as two ranch hands arrived on horseback to open the stable gate. They welcomed us, told us and the other two paying customers that we were free to roam the grounds and get to know the animals, most of which were horses, though we saw goats, ponies, a donkey, and on the road coming in, peacocks. Both made us feel completely at home as they instructed us on how to groom the horses assigned to each of us and called us into the tack room for saddle blankets and saddles. My daughter had never ridden a horse before, and the leader of our group took the time to teach her how to direct her horse with the reins and position herself in the saddle. In the fifteen years I've lived in New Mexico, Albuquerque has become unrecognizable from the city I first fell in love with, so built up has it become, and parts of the trail ride pass close to Coors Avenue and Cottonwood Mall. A pristine wilderness experience it isn't, but if you're looking for a trail ride hosted by people who care about the animals they stable and are committed to educating their clients about responsible horsemanship, I highly recommend spending a morning or afternoon at Bosque Circle Ranch.

Visited April 2011