“Authentic Japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Saint Leonard, Maryland
“Authentic Japanese food”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is not one of those Japanese steak house type of restaurants where the chef does tricks in front of you (which is not really Japanese anyways...) but if you are looking for authentic Japanese food, this is the place to go. It's a small family-owned restaurant with great service and atmosphere. We stopped at this restaurant for dinner on our last night in New Mexico. We live in rural area and I don't get to eat Japanese food often. I was almost in tears that I was finally able to eat the "real" food we eat back home (I'm from Japan). I wish I lived closer - I'll be there all the time!

Albuquerque, NM
“Love it, Love it, Love it”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Not a fancy sushi place but Japanese home cooking. Actually the most popular home cooked dish in Japan is curry and Kokoro's is great. I usually get the breaded pork version (Katsu). My wife gravitates toward the Chicken Bento, every bit as good as the curry. They have sushi but that is not Japanese home cooking and is available anywhere. The place is tiney and can back up. Eat often.

• Visited January 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Small but mighty”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a little out of the way type place with authentic food. Family owned and operated, the head chef, half owner, is the real deal. Everyday is a new chef's special and it has always been worth a try. Very reasonably priced.

Albuquerque
“my favorite Japanese in Albuquerque!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I love Kororo for Japanese food in Albuquerque. According to my Japanese friend, it is the closest thing to authentic in town. Everything on their menu is delicious. You can find a photo of their menu online if you are curious. My favorite meal is the sake chazuke. It is salmon with white rice, seaweed, and the most delicious broth ever. Their salmon is high quality. They have a small sushi menu, but what they have is very good. Each meal comes with free green tea. You might be surprised when you get to the place, because it's located in a shopping center. However, looks are deceiving. They also offer carry-out and package everything really well. The prices are great for the quality. Note: they are closed on Sundays!

1 Thank purpletabby
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Kokoro is wonderful”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Kokoro is a wonderful, hidden gem in Albuquerque. A tiny place with a large following. On my first visit, I had no idea what to order, as I had never been to a homestyle Japanese restaurant before. Since then I have tried most everything on the menu, and have never been dissappointed. My recent favorite is the soba noodle soup, a monster portion of noodles in a delicious broth with assorted toppings. The sushi selections are fresh and delicious. Pricing is very modest. We had sushi, miso soup, squid salad, pork dumplings, rice, green tea--all for under $20, for two people. Great deal!

• Visited August 2011