“Good food, great story” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tim's Place - CLOSED

Tim's Place
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Good food, comfortable environment and an inspiring story regarding the owner who has Down's
Utah
“Good food, great story”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I read about Tim and his business while planning a trip to ABQ. My husband and I were in the area and drove by to see if it was open for dinner. The parking lot was empty, so we pulled up to the door to find out what the hours were and discovered they really were open! We were a little concerned that no one else was there on a Saturday night, but our waiter explained that they have only been open for dinner for a few months and word hasn't gotten out yet. Apparently the place is usually packed for breakfast and lunch. Tim arrived a little while after we got there and sat and visited with us and told us a little about the business and his interests. What a great guy! We enjoyed our meal - especially the onion rings and my chicken, mushroom and Swiss sandwich and were very glad we went.

Visited May 2014
8 Thank GotaWearShades

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“From Everett to Albuquerque...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

A few months ago I heard the story of Tim. I learned of his challenges, and of his accomplishments. His story piqued my curiosity, and I decided to go on down to visit Tim, and Tim's Place. Now, mind you, I live in Everett, Washington, so it took a bit of preparation to get me there.

Today my husband and I arrived at Tim's, and were greeted by a very gracious and courteous host named Kevin. Kevin had an easy smile, and was most willing to tweek my order just perfectly to my taste. My husband ordered the fish and chips, and swears that they just might be the best he has ever tasted. I had ordered the loaded BLT and enjoyed every single bite.

Tim was offsite, but that was no problem for Kevin. He caught up with Tim at home, and I was able to Skype a few words with Mr. Tim himself.

I got my free hug from Kevin, and both my husband and I spent some good, quality time there. Kevin told me that Tim's Place is now offering dinner fare, so I urge y'all to come on down and eat some good food. The menu is moderately priced to fit your budget, and the food is wholesome and tastes great.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Tweetie13
Enumclaw, Washington
“Awesome Rehearsal Dinner Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had a terrific experience at Tim's. They graciously gave the entire restaurant to us for the evening. Very easy to work with for food. We had about 45 people at the dinner. Even was blessed with a visit from Tim himself. If you are looking for a good reasonably priced rehearsal dinner with lots of options, Tim's Place is the restaurant to choose.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Enjineer
Florida
“An inspiration along with a good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on its convenient location for us. We had no clue as to what a wonderful meal this would be. The food was good, the service was excellent, and the inspiration provided by Tim was incomparable.
If you are in the area, you should visit so you can enjoy good food, an example of what determination can achieve, and, of course, the hugs.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank solomon5
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a very pleasant cafe in Northeast Albuquerque. We had a
nice breakfast there and very much enjoyed learning Tim's story.
You'll have to go there to learn that story and get your own hug from Tim.

Visited April 2014