“Tim is awesome & so is the food!”
Review of Tim's Place - CLOSED

Tim's Place
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Good food, comfortable environment and an inspiring story regarding the owner who has Down's
Livingston, Texas
“Tim is awesome & so is the food!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting Alb for a few days & just had to visit Tim's place. Our daughter had heard about him. It was his day off but he was there with friends. The mgr told him we wanted to meet him & we not only got a hug but a pic too !

The food was good too. I had the cheese quesadeas & he had the fish & chips. Next time I think I'll try breakfast..the menu items sounded good

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shtrbug1

Columbia, Tennessee
“All True”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had seen Tim's Place featured on a local news segment and decided to pay it a visit. It is located on the north side of a shopping plaza, and the building's sign is a bit obscured by a larger sign as we were heading east on Academy. We actually met Tim in the parking lot as he was returning to work. Yes, we had our hugs when we announced we were coming for lunch. When he walked through the door, he hollered, "I'm back!" and was soon shaking hands and giving hugs all around. We had searched the menu on line in advance and was pleased to see reasonable prices and choices. Our selections were delicious: Swiss melt with grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, Dijon mayo on grilled sourdough with sweet potato fries at $9.99 as well as grilled chicken salad with diced chicken breast, grapes, walnuts, cucumber in a light Dijon mayo dressing on toasted nine grain bread with sweet potato fries for $8.50. We could have chosen French fries, red chile onion rings, house salad or fresh fruit in place of the s.p. fries. A cup of soup is offered for an additional $1.29. We each took half our entrees home saving room for fresh apple tarts a la mode for dessert! Their hours are listed as 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM 7 days a week. There is also a large room off the dining area for large groups. The wait staff were all pleasant. The ladies' rest room was very clean as was the restaurant itself. Yes, we shall return!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank EileenC2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not too friendly!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

i came to tims place because a friend toll me was really good and belive me was a really poor experience the food was cold and the servers not too friendly and they call this restaurant the most frendly in the wordl!!!!

1 Thank franki7788
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I came here because I heard the hugs were awesome ;) but was pleased to find the food pretty good too. I had the albuquerque turkey sandwich and a salad with the raspberry vinaigrette. Good portion of food, not too expensive, and tasty. My only complaint is that the bread on the sandwich was a little soggy in the middle where the juices from the sandwich contents ran (perhaps could be rectified with longer toasting). But overall, I recommend you give it a shot for a casual breakfast or lunch.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Tim is the Man!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Saw a great story on Tim's Place on CBS Sunday Morning. I was in town for the Trinity open house (A-Bomb site) weekend with the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History and went to Tim's Place on my way up to visit Los Alamos for the afternoon. Very easy to find the place. My waiter was a very friendly young man. The enchiladas were really good. My compliments to the staff. I got my hug from Tim and we talked for some time at my table. He noted my Dodger jersey and camera's and he gave me a tour and we got some good pics. I wish I could take Tim back to Fort Riley, KS with me and talk to wounded veterans.....he is really a source of great hope.....super kind....I will bring my family to see him and enjoy the food and great service.

2 Thank gdmeyer