“A cheerful place for a bite”
Review of Tim's Place - CLOSED

Tim's Place
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Good food, comfortable environment and an inspiring story regarding the owner who has Down's
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Even when Tim isn't there, the waitstaff are willing to give out great hugs. Portions are large, I got the kid's pancake and even took half of that home. Mom got an omelette and loved it (and took half of it home). Get a window seat to watch the birds in the trees. Besides the waitstaff being huggy, they also do a great job of serving. We will be returning over and over again!

2  Thank Midnitesun3

Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to find that Tim, the owner, who has downs syndrome, is a friendly and "huggy" type guy. He goes table to table to give each patron a hug while he says hello. HIs story is on the cover of the menu and it's a good one. I had a simple ham and egg breakfast with an english muffin, the ham being a ham steak. Moist and tasty. I also had a side of southern style cheese grits. mmm mmm mmm. I know they aren't for everyone, but if you like a little south in your mouth, go for it. Prices are very affordable. they are open for breakfast and lunch. You will not leave hungry.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would eat there everyday if I could. Tim is awesome, his staff are awesome, the food is awesome. They are open from 6:30am until 2:30pm. breakfast and lunch. Try the spinach and artichoke wontons! Everything on the menu is delicious! I have never been served by friendlier people. We accidentally left our to go box and Tim ran out to the parking lot to give it to us! Tim is a very special young man who happens to have Down's syndrome. But as Tim says "We are more alike than different". Your whole day will be happier if you start it at Tim's Place!

3  Thank newmexjags
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you live in Albuquerque or are in the city for a business trip or holiday, you must stop in Tim's Place. My parents live in Albuquerque and they took me to Tim's Place because they are big fans of Tim, his staff, and the food. They made me one as well. The staff are extremely friendly, the food is delicious, and the service is outstanding. While I did not get to meet Tim (Monday are his day off), I am delighted I could experience this place. Tim has an amazing story and I am hopeful everyone will support this business for all the right reasons in addition to the fact that Tim's Place beats it counterparts hands down.

2  Thank SMEMBoston_Ma
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a great place. The food was great, we had breakfast. If I lived there I would go regularly.I recommend you take the time and eat here, it is open for breakfast and lunch. It's a feel good restaurant for your stomach as well as your heart. Hoorah for Tim!

2  Thank Josie06