“Very Special Person, Very Special Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tim's Place - CLOSED

Tim's Place
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Good food, comfortable environment and an inspiring story regarding the owner who has Down's
Edgewood, NM
“Very Special Person, Very Special Restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I would eat there everyday if I could. Tim is awesome, his staff are awesome, the food is awesome. They are open from 6:30am until 2:30pm. breakfast and lunch. Try the spinach and artichoke wontons! Everything on the menu is delicious! I have never been served by friendlier people. We accidentally left our to go box and Tim ran out to the parking lot to give it to us! Tim is a very special young man who happens to have Down's syndrome. But as Tim says "We are more alike than different". Your whole day will be happier if you start it at Tim's Place!

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank newmexjags

Sydney, Australia
“A must stop in Albuqerque”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you live in Albuquerque or are in the city for a business trip or holiday, you must stop in Tim's Place. My parents live in Albuquerque and they took me to Tim's Place because they are big fans of Tim, his staff, and the food. They made me one as well. The staff are extremely friendly, the food is delicious, and the service is outstanding. While I did not get to meet Tim (Monday are his day off), I am delighted I could experience this place. Tim has an amazing story and I am hopeful everyone will support this business for all the right reasons in addition to the fact that Tim's Place beats it counterparts hands down.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank SMEMBoston_Ma
Golden, Colorado
“A feel good restaurant with great food and service!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a great place. The food was great, we had breakfast. If I lived there I would go regularly.I recommend you take the time and eat here, it is open for breakfast and lunch. It's a feel good restaurant for your stomach as well as your heart. Hoorah for Tim!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Josie06
New Mexico
“A Meal With A Heart”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We heard the story on the national news about Tim and his restaurant. Since we were in Albuquerque for a month in our RV, we had to go check it out. I just expected an OK meal and that would be that. Was I surprised that the food was beyond excellent. I had chicken enchiladas that were out of this world and served with little potatoes and a yummy squash dish. My husband had his favorite, BLT, but with a tangy red chile mayo - delicious. The atmosphere is bright and cheery and all the staff is friendly and happy. You will get a hug, if so desired, from Tim, who has Down's Syndrome, on your way out the door. I highly suggest breakfast and/or lunch at Tim's - you'll feel good about the world when you leave!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Lesley S
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice change of pace”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Good food in a nice setting - service was nice and prices were on the high side for breakfast but the quality and care in preparation was apparent.

Calabacitas (New Mexico Dish of Squash and Corn) was the best I have every had (sorry mom)...

• Visited June 2012