“Great Food”

Chow's Asian Bistro
Ranked #879 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Description: THis restaurant is on your site but it is the Juan Tabo location which is now operating under another name. The name was never "Chinese Bistr" always "asian." Don't know what the mix-up is.
Ocala
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food at Chow's is not your typical asian food. The food is definately 5 star. The food is fresh, presentation is very nice, and Chow's uses interesting food and/or spice combinations in the preparation. The service is a little slow and server needed to be more familiar with the menu. One member requested additional white pepper for the hot and sour soup and the waiter was befuddled. After looking for some time, he came back with regular pepper and said that Chows didn't have white pepper. This is a very minor problem. Chow's is a restaurant that should not be missed.

• Visited October 2012

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Terrible Service - Okay Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is my fourth time in this particular Chow's, and as usual, the service was crappy. We didn't even get waited on for about 20 minutes and by the time we got our food, we were starving and very grumpy. What I cannot understand is that the place was pretty empty, and I saw one of the waitstaff just standing around - make yourself useful, for G-d's sake!! Also, try not to sit near the kitchen; first of all, I hear two of the cooks speaking their Spanish (very loudly) and since I speak the language, I understood what they were saying, and they were filthy words - WOW!! Not very professional. The food was pretty good - have had better at other times. I do not think I will return - there are other asian bistros around here that are better. Also, for the first time, I really noticed how dirty this place is - don't sit on the booths!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Bugs Crawling on the wall”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went for dinner on Friday night.. restraurant was all but empty. Mid was thru the meal a large bug was vrawing up the wall next to the booth... We called for the waitress who immediately go a napkin and crushed it.. She said she would get the manager right away.
The manager did not come, but there was a 15% "discount" on the bill... We called for the manager and indicated we were insulted that she (manager) never came to the table and she explained that 15% was "customary"... How offensive... We won't EVER be back

• Visited August 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great local place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Clean crisp, nearly greaseless Chinese, nouveau without being peculiar. Definitely with a visit. Nothing industrial, no horrors in THIS kitchen.

Bellevue, Washington
“Can't stop thinking about it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Brought Chow's takeout home on a visit with my dad. I cannot stop thinking about it! The famous coffee chicken IS NOT TO BE MISSED. The lemon fish was to die for. I'm salivating just thinking about it again. Can't wait to get back to visit my dad again - this will be a regular stop!

• Visited July 2012