“Unique and fun”

Murder Mystery Dinner Event - The Spy House
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive Monthly Murder Mystery Dinner Theater Event for only 20 people that unleashes "The Spy House" dubious history. This is the very house where Atomic bomb secrets change hands from the US to the Soviet Union, which in turn exposed names such as Rosenberg, Greenglass and Gold. This once a month event is an experience you don't want to miss. Check out our web site calendar for availability and additional information.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Unique and fun”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you are looking for a unique and fun venue this is a great choice. Location is in a fun neighborhood and the owners attention to creating a fun and unique experience is exceptional. Kudos to the Spy House.

Visited December 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Evening”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We took a group of 20 people for an end of the year celebration for work. Everyone had a great time. Steve & Kara were amazing hosts. Our guests got into the characters and a fun time was had by all. I would highly recommend. Fantastic food and a truly fun and unique evening.

Visited December 2013
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun evening”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a group of 20 customers and we had a great time. We laughed a lot and the food was very good. I would definitely recommend it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sadie09Dallas
Dundee, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We participated with 16 others (strangers) on Fri 13th and had such a great time. We dressed for our roles as best we could, we only had our characters emailed 2 days prior to the event. Coming from Scotland we were lucky to have most of the suggested clothing tho there are a few items in prop boxes for each character. When we arrived we received a marguerita & nibbles were also available. We tried to mingle with the other guests during the half hour or so before dinner but didn't have time to speak to everyone. When we were ushered to the dinner table we were provided with scripts, don't worry if you are a bit shy. During prior correspondence we had indicated we are more introvert than extrovert so our scripts had very little speaking parts. There was confusion at several points as to "what page are we on?" But this all added to the fun. There was no choice for dinner. Starter was a nice salad, main was steak (rare/medium) and veg. Desert was some kind of trifle. I don't eat too much red meat, and prefer it well done so couldn't eat my steak but did enjoy the rest of the meal. We also had two glasses of wine with the meal but coffee/tea was never offered. I would've liked to sit with the other guests after the "culprit" was outed to introduce our real selves over a tea/coffee. I'm not sure if we ran over the scheduled time as it seemed to have a bit of a hasty end. Nonetheless it was a great evening. The house itself has a rather sinister history involving alleged spies who were hanged during the Cold War. That was very interesting & I will do more research on it. Kara and Steve did a great job but I hope they take note about choice of menu & earlier notification of characters. This would make it an excellent evening.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank eezern
Socorro, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Murder Mystery with all your friends”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A large group of friends and I participated in the Murder Mystery Dinner Event as a private booking. We had a great time and I know we were entertaining to Kara and Steve. Lets just say we played our parts to the best of our abilities, there was fainting, lots of finger pointing, tons of flirting, and even mock disgust that ended with a wine glass trust into someone's face! (Thankfully it was empty except for a drop or two, well played! :)

The house is very nice, and Kara and Steve were great hosts. I found the food to be very good, if a touch on the small side. Others also wished for a bit more, and a few would have chosen something else given the option. Several of us would have also liked coffee with dessert, but that was not offered. Given the price, I would put the food portion of the event at a 7 out of 10. Maybe some of this comes from the fact that it was a special event and not the monthly event.

In the end we all had a great time! I would recommend this for sure.

Visited September 2013