“good food and a nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Queen Creek, Arizona
“good food and a nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chuckled when we first read the name given to this restaurant ("Best" and "Gourmet"). But we decided to give it a try and we've been very pleased. We've gone here at all times of the afternoon and evening - early and late. It's always good and the wait staff is always pleasant. We've never been there when we had to wait to be seated.

The menu is a little more on the "fancy" Chinese food side - perhaps that's the "gourmet" part of the name. But it's not over the top. They also offer take out which we have done several times - especially when we order their hot and sour soup to go on a cold winter night. Yummy! We've been there several times and ordered quite a few things off the menu and it's all good.

The kitchen noise can be somewhat entertaining because it's not a really big place. If you don't mind that, it's a very pleasant place to go.

The prices are pretty much what you'd expect for a nice sit-down dinner. They serve the food in courses, with soup coming first, etc, fortune cookies at the end.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank lifeisverygood2

maui, hi
“Unusual, generous servings, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This Chinese restaurant had excellent, unusual food (not the typical bland stuff that many American Chinese restaurants serve). The portions were generous, the vegetables were fresh, and the meat had no fat.
We loved this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank scubamaui
Albuquerque, NM
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Haven't been here in a while... stopped in tonight and tried different items. The Singapore noodles were outstanding. Really good and authentic with a spicy curry flavor. Will try to be hungry more often when in this part of town.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Lee's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've eaten at this restaurant many times in the past and always had an enjoyable meal and friendly service. Things have changed for the worse as 1) it took forever to get my meal 2) I never got my soup until I asked about it when my entree arrived and 3) the meal was so spicy I had to leave it on the table. The server asked if I wanted a to-go box and when I told her it was too spicy to eat, she briskly walked away. I later had to flag somebody down to pay my bill. I won't be returning. Too bad because there are so few good asian restaurants in Albuquerque.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Surprisingly good.............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Everytime we visit this restaurant, we leave happy, full and amazed that tucked away in the corner of a strip mall is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Albuquerque. Granted there are other contenders for the title and Best Lee's is certainly among them.

Their "Dim Sum" appetizer is something I order everytime we drop in. Seriously! It is not dim sum in the way most people think of but rather a fabulous serving of shumai. Its just too good to pass over. They have all of the standard items one would expect to find but all are done in a "Gourmet" fashion. Many times this means nothing more than a beautifully prepared plate and sometimes it means that it is really the best ingredients and perparation that they are able to manage. Either way, it works and works well.

The fish is terrific. The noodles are devine. The duck is delicious. The mu shu is fabulous. Seeing the trend? I have never had anything here I wouldn't order again.

So if you happen to be wandering around looking for a treat, I would heartly recommend stopping by Best Lee's and see if you agree with my thoughts. Hope so!

• Visited June 2012