“Outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reno, Nevada
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed, for the first time, in this hotel earlier this month for 3 nights on a business trip. It also happened to be my first trip to Albuquerque. I cannot say enough about my experience in the hotel. The staff is absolutely amazing! When I checked in, the woman who greeted me and escorted me to my room was so genuine. She shared with me the history of the hotel, that it was built in 1926 and that it had been a former hospital. As we made our way to my room, I noted that there is an embracing of the hospital history. The rooftop lounge does the same in both the name "The Apothecary" and the atmosphere from the coaster they bring to set a cocktail to the medical bottle labels on the wall. They are the vintage labels. Really cool. There are beautiful displays in the hallway with historical medical items. It thought it was a cool way to be unique. Once in my room it is apparent that the housekeeping staff takes great care in taking care of the rooms. I stay in hotels a lot. This is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. The beds and pillows were so comfortable! Very soft, premium towels. One of the most awesome things is the shower/bathroom. The shower... amazing! The Continental breakfast is among the best I've experienced as well. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of the carb rich Continental breakfast because I find there's not really enough protein to start my day. Definitely not the case at this hotel. The daily quiche was delicious! I also enjoyed having protein choices like cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs. You can also absolutely find wonderful pastries, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. as well. Better than expected breakfast for sure. The hotel is really a great place to stay. The staff makes it amazing. Every person I interacted with was so friendly. I had the pleasure of meeting the GM and the hotel pup. Noelle in sales is also fabulous. Matt from the front desk was warm and welcoming. Just a great experience. All the staff had fun recommendations for me since it was my first trip to the area. It was also really nice to ride in their "shuttle" which is really an SUV. Makes you feel far more special than your standard hotel shuttle. Should I ever need to be in ABQ in the future, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Amazing to think the building was once a hospital. Bathrooms were modern and spotless.
The service was so friendly and helpful. We appreciated directions, suggestions for local activities, the laundry facilities, free parking, soft pillows. Breakfast was good. Wi-Fi was excellent, and much appreciated. Even our check-out at 4:00 am was easy and smooth.

Room Tip: Our rooms in the back were quiet and had nice views over the patio and park.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear NJFamilyAdventrues,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our lovely hotel. It’s always our goal for every aspect of a guest’s stay to remain absolutely seamless in terms of enjoyment. Next time you have the unfortunate task of leaving our hotel at an early hour please let us know and we will have a made to order breakfast to go bag ready for you upon departure. We hope to see you soon. All the best. -Matthew Troche
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed one night on a road trip from OK to CA. The property is immaculate and the rooms are so nice! We were traveling with our pet and stayed in a cottage which was beautifully decorated and so comfortable.
Every employee seems genuinely happy to be there -- and all were friendly and helpful.
I look forward to our next road trip, so we can stay here again!!
Also - exceptional complimentary breakfast!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were traveling with our pet so chose a cottage for a little extra space and distance between room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear TWalker1960,
You are absolutely right; we have as much fun working here as our guests have staying here! Thank you for choosing to stay in our cottage during your brief interlude from the road. Besides being our largest rooming accommodation, we feel as though our cottages provide a true “home away from home” experience for even the most discriminating of travelers. Next time you need a brake during your travels through the southwest we truly hope you pick Hotel Parq Central. Hope to see you soon. –Matthew Troche
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel was beautifully renovated and historically interesting! The rooftop bar was fun with great views and our dog was welcome everywhere! The people were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is centrally located....loved it!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Joy C,
Thank you for briefly touching on so many of the details that make Hotel Parq Central a location like none other! More so, thanks for bringing your pup! Our four legged visitors are always so much fun to host. Our hope is that both you, and your furry companion, are quick to visit us again. All the best and see you soon.-Matthew Troche
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed at the Parq Central on 3.10.14. We arrived late and were initially concerned about the neighborhood but realized in the daylight all was fine. The staff greeted us with all kinds of assistance and friendliness. They helped with baggage including a bicycle which they stored for us. They gave us a nice description of the hotel, interesting history, layout, services. The entire hotel is beautifully decorated, very chic, very clean. Rooms a little on the small size but the atmosphere makes up for that. Beds great. Breakfast great. All in all, a super stay. Would definitely return.

Dear ndpom,
It’s always such a delight to pleasantly surprise out of town visitors! Thank you so much for the opportunity to house you and your family all the way from Miami, Florida.
We think it’s really special that you and your family chose to take your bicycles on vacation with you. One of the things few people know about our location is that we are mere minutes from some of the most beautiful bike trails in all of the southwest. If you ever return, please feel free to ask the front desk for a trail map.
We truly hope your travel plans bring you through Albuquerque again and look forward to you and your family being our guest at Hotel Parq Central as soon as possible. All the best.-Matthew Troche
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a first time trip to Albuquerque. The hotel was easy to find from the airport. The rooms were so nice. Loved the lavender shampoo and conditioner. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The staff were amazing. They gave great suggestions on places to go and things to see (specifically Gray and Jeremiah). Breakfast was good- the pastries were my favorite. When I return to Albuquerque to visit, I'll absolutely stay here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Sarah G,
Thank you for visiting our lovely city for the first time! We hope your time here in Albuquerque was all together delightful. More so, thank you for allowing Hotel Parq Central to be your home away from home throughout the duration of your trip.
We've found that our proximity to the airport allows a quick transition from the hectic nature of the airport directly into the serene nature of our hotel in a matter of minutes. As to our lavender shampoo, all of our products were hand selected to play directly into that sense of calm.
Both Gray and Jeremiah are so glad that you enjoyed yourself here at Hotel Parq Central. Please know all of us here eagerly look forward to your next visit. All the best. –Matthew Troche
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 21, 2014

A lovely building which has been beautifully updated to create a modern hotel. The open terrace on the third floor has great views of the city and is an exquisite place to have cocktails. The free breakfast is first-rate. We found the entire staff to be wonderful. I left my temperpedic pillow at the hotel and three days later, as we passed back through, they produced the pillow from behind the front desk. A great experience all the way around and we will always stay anytime we're in Albuquerque.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Tom D,

Glad we could help get your pillow back to you! It’s always a pleasure to show our guests that our customer service extends beyond just the nights of their stay. Thank you as well for commending our staff. As proud as we are of our grounds here at Hotel Parq Central, we love that it’s so often our employees that remain the most memorable aspect of a guest’s visit. If we can ever assist you in any of your future travel endeavors please let us know. Hope to see you soon and all the best. –Matthew Troche