Hotel Parq Central
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
$59
$149
Hotels.com
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$66
$75
$99
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$85
$123
$114
HIExpress.com
1,816 results
All reviewsquicherooftop barapothecary loungeboutique hotelrailroad hospitalartichoke cafemain buildingtop floornew mexicobeautiful hotelfresh fruitnob hillrooms are smallhot tubshuttle servicefree shuttlesanta fe
Reviewed December 16, 2012

First, I'd like to preface this review by stating that I've stayed in many 5 Star hotels over the years, so I'd say I have a better than average frame of reference when it comes to hotels. With that said, I'd call Hotel Parq Central a very welcome surprise, and I'm not often surprised.

Above all else, the thing that makes Hotel Parq Central stand out from the sea of hotels competing for your business is an obvious attention to thoughtful details. Nowhere is this more evident than when you walk around this hotel, whether it's the lobby, the grounds, the hallways or your room, you notice a shocking level of cleanliness. Everything looks and smells spotless and very well maintained. In fact, this could possibly be the most immaculate hotel I've ever stayed in. I wouldn't say I'm a clean freak or suffer from OCD, but I do notice details and in the Hotel Parq Central, I couldn't find a spec of dirt, grime, lint or crumbs anywhere.

If you are a person that has an eye for detail and notices the little things like the quality of the hardware on the drawers of a nightstand, the thickness of a room's doors and the quality of the bathroom fixtures, prepare to be impressed. Every door, drawer and closet opens and closes with a high-quality action. The door to our room felt heavy and substantial, blocking out all noise from the hallway as well as subliminally making you feel safe. The door blocker itself is even impressive; it looks like it was milled from a solid block of steel. The TV was an LG LCD that appeared to be at least 32" or maybe even 37". Very nice. The bathroom was gorgeous what with it's high quality floors, fixtures and bright open space. Same goes for the shower, which was spacious and had a beautiful, relaxing rain-style shower head that gave great pressure. The curtains and wall treatments in the bathroom and main room oozed quality with their heft and smooth action. See a pattern here?

As per the tips on this website, I requested a courtyard room and was not disappointed. This allowed me to not only avoid the I-25 "scenery", but to also be able to view my car in the parking lot from my room's window (car guys will understand the significance of this). While I can't comment on the noise level on the I-25 side, my room was tomb-like in it's quietness. Not only was this due to the rooms location, but also the materials used in the hallways as well. The walls feel incredibly solid in this hotel (rapping your knuckle on them results in a nice dull, muffled thud), as well as the well dampened floors. In fact, as I walked in awe of the quietness of the hallway as I walked through them, I looked up at the tall ceiling to see not the average acoustic tiles you find in lesser hotels, but nicer, longer panels that I've seen used in movie theaters. Again, this probably means nothing to most people, but for a person with a background in engineering and design, I was delighted to see the details obsessed over.

I would've been enamored with the hotel as it was, but it also happened to have an unexpectadly great bar on the 4th floor call The Apothecary. I was as equally impressed with the selection of single-malt scotch as I was with the fun, local creative drinks on offer, many using fresh ingredients. Once again, as a person who isn't easily surprised, I was delighted with the quality, service and unique selection at The Apothecary. Oh, and the view is great as well.

So, with such a glowing review, what are the downsides? The rooms, although high in quality in furnishings and possessing very tall ceilings, are a bit small. This wasn't an issue at all for my wife and I, however, three could be a company. People looking for a resort experience would be disappointed in the lack of pool and spa. This, again, wasn't an issue for us. Our room possessed an iron, but no ironing board. A call to the friendly front desk ameliorated the problem within 10 minutes. Other than those things, I'd really have to reach hard to find any more negatives about this place.

So to summarize:

Pros:

-Beautiful rooms
-High quality furnishings and fixtures
-Immaculate and spotless condition
-Friendly "there, but not there" service
-Fantastic location right off Central Ave. and I-25
-Extremely quiet rooms
-Great upstairs bar
-Free Parking
-Free in room Wi-Fi
-Free breakfast
-Free shuttle to airport

Cons:
-Rooms a little lacking in square footage
-No in-hotel restaurant
-No pool
-No spa

Overall, this is simply a great hotel that goes the extra mile and lacks the pretentious and scripted "My pleasure!" attitude of the chain hotels in this price range. Speaking of price, this hotel is priced far below what it could be considering all the aforementioned strengths. If you're looking for a nice, quiet hotel that reeks of quality and comfort, The Hotel Parq Central is just the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room to avoid potential noise from the highway. If you enjoy a well-crafted alcoholic beverage, check out The Apothecary Bar on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cgm9999
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear cgm9999,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a thorough review and for appreciating even the smallest details, such as the door blocker. We are delighted that you were surprised by your first experience with us at Hotel Parq Central. Our team strives to provide the highest level of hospitality and also to maintain our property, as we feel these are both vital aspects of your stay with us. The structural integrity of each fixture in the guest rooms and public areas was carefully considered during the renovation of our building and we did not "cut corners" anywhere. The furniture for the property from the guest rooms to the conservatory and family room were all custom built for the hotel. The shower is important to us, so we are happy that you had consistent water pressure and felt that the shower itself was spacious. We are glad that we were able to meet your request for a courtyard view and that you were able to keep close eye on your car in the parking lot. The Apothecary Lounge is a true gem, located on our rooftop and we are pleased that you enjoyed the view with a single-malt scotch. We are so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you recognizing the attention to detail in our renovation and upkeep of Hotel Parq Central.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your time in Albuquerque and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

What a wonderful hotel, from staff, to room, to amenities, and location. Ample parking. Lovely outside areas including a hot tub. The staff could not be nicer...and, they will happily shuttle you to Old Town, or other areas nearby, and pick you up! The breakfast is fabulous - not the mediocre buffet one finds at the chains. Homemade quiche (two kinds, during my stay), delicious pastries, fresh fruit, and more. At various points around the hotel you can find self-serve coffee, or tea. The neighborhood is interesting; a hot yoga place is across the street. A popular restaurant on the top floor can provide room service, if desired. Wifi, of course, no problem. The price is a great value. I loved Albuquerque, and this hotel! Oh, and I had the fitness room to myself both mornings!

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, with the windows overlooking the entrance drive; I'd ask about other options next time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara_Antle

Dear Barbara_Auntle,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central during your visit to Albuquerque. We are delighted that you found the staff to be wonderful and enjoyed your guestroom and the amenities. We are pleased that you enjoyed the grounds and were able to warm up in the hot tub. The breakfast is something we truly enjoy offering and the young ladies who serve the breakfast each morning, also make the quiche from scratch using various ingredients and their creativity. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast, coffee stations and were also able to order room service from the Apothecary lounge. Our historic neighborhood has a lot of character and we hope you had a chance to take a class at the hot yoga studio just across the street- it is a really intense workout! We are glad that you were able to utilize the shuttle service and use the complimentary wireless internet access as well. We are thrilled that you love Albuquerque- we think it is a pretty cool place!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Parq Central with us and other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

This boutique hotel is proud of their historic past, opening as a railroad hospital in 1926. The hotel brochure however failed to mention the fact that the hospital served as a psychiatric hospital for children until 1982. There are various reports of the hotel being haunted: http://www.losmuertosspiritseekers.com/hotel-parq-central.php
However I did not see anything unusual during my three night business trip. The Parq Central is a beautiful hotel and my stay was very comfortable. Some of the standout amenities are the convenient coffee and tea stations on each floor of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was also wonderful featuring a nice selection of fresh bakery and fruit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MilwaukeeBeachBum
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear MilwaukeeBeachBum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are very proud of our building's history and we are glad that you enjoyed this aspect of your stay. We are delighted that your stay was very comfortable and that the complimentary breakfast and the coffee stations were convenient and delicious.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a holiday party here. Never a empty glass. Delicoius food. Dirty dishes promptly removed. Ashley and Fernando were fantastic.
Clean rooms, fair price ,quite, very comfortable beds. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terri A
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Terri A,

Thank you for choosing to host you holiday party at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that you were well taken care of and that you found the food to be delicious. Providing excellent hospitality is the highest priority for our team and we are happy that the service you received was fantastic. We are also pleased that your guest room was clean and comfortable.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

2 nights on business. Always looking for an alternative to the typical business hotel when I can, this property was recommended to me. This hotel oozed charm, character, history and friendly staff that were going above and beyond to make sure accommodations were acceptable. Pet friendly, converted former hospital I believe. Walk to restaurants and bars. Incredible outdoor roof top bar. My only criticisms would be: no ice maker in the hall, no traditional desk in the room, no vending machines. Workout room only had 1 treadmill. (All things in a typical business hotel).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear inotown,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are pleased that you enjoyed the history of the building and found our staff to go above and beyond to ensure that you were comfortable during your time with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of the neighboring restaurants and also enjoy some time on the rooftop of Hotel Parq Central at the Apothecary Lounge. We apologize that you were not told about the ice drawers in the hallways- we will be sure to point them out to you on your next visit. We wish we could have created more space in the fitness center, but unfortunately the existing building did not allow for that.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central and we hope to see you again soon!