“Best Hotel in Albuquerque” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Hotel Parq Central
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New York City, New York
“Best Hotel in Albuquerque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

My business partner and I spent a night here - we each had one of the better King rooms. We both found the rooms very well appinted and spacious. There is no restaurant per se but Nob Hill is a short drive with plenty of choices. The Bar in the hotel is very friendly and in the summer, the outdoor area would be tremendous. Pricing was fair. We will definitely stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter J
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Peter J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that you found the rooms to be spacious and well appointed. Nob Hill is a wonderful part of Albuquerque and we are pleased that you and your business partner were able to explore some of restaurants in that area. We are delighted that you visited the Apothecary and that your service was friendly. The patio does offer a lovely view and a lively scene in the warmer months of the year.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Noelle Wallace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Hotel Parq Central is a fantastic little boutique hotel.

Exceptionally clean (room, common areas, indoor air) and quiet. Well decorated and appointed with modern furnishings and accessories. Comfortable bed. HVAC worked well, and though a touch louder than I like, was nothing to be bothered by. Rooms are a bit on the small side, but not terribly so. Plenty of electrical outlets. Shower water pressure was close to perfect (not too high, not too low). Wireless network worked well - good coverage and bandwidth.

The staff and service were excellent - they're a very accommodating group who take pride in their work and property. The included breakfast was good. Great view from the rooftop bar.

I can't think of anything negative to say, at all, actually.

I ended up staying a few extra days because I was so comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bgortney
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear bgortney,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Albuquerque. We are delighted to know that you found the property to be clean and well decorated. The rooms were built within the historic structure, so our architectural team creatively designed five different room types and we will gladly upgrade you an executive room next time you are in, which we know will suit your needs as it is our most spacious room type. We are happy that the shower pressure was near perfect and that you had wireless coverage throughout the property. Our staff does take pride in both our work and in the property to ensure that each guest is well taken care of and we are pleased that you were satisfied with the level of service. We are thrilled that you were so comfortable that you chose to stay with us even longer and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

This past summer (2011) I had several stays at Hotel Parq Central when my daughter had a hurry-up move from Texas to Albuquerque to start her residency at UNM Hospital. I can honestly say that my stays there have been the most comfortable ones ever in a hotel/lodging! Within minutes of walking in the door, we felt like we were at home. The staff were so welcoming, unlike any other experience I have had. They were genuinely committed to making our stay there memorable.

We were brand new to Albuquerque and while my daughter attended orientation, I had to find her a place to live. The staff were SO willing to help by answering many questions, making referrals and recommendations, and being involved and interested in my quest for safe housing for her, and her successful start in a new city.

Other reviewers have described how very unique Parc Central is. My addition to that is that no matter where you are in the facility - your room, the coffee nook in the hallway, the breakfast room, the lobby, the patios, the business center, the Apothecary bar and lounge on the rooftop with it's magnificent view of Albuquerque's sunset, the parking area, the landscaping - you are surrounded by places so very well designed and appointed. It is very obvious that a lot of ernest thought and resources went into the design and execution of the remodeling of this historic structure. This elegance, though, is somehow balanced to allow the guests to very easily feel very comfortable and "at home". The high quality of the staff is in large measure responsible for that.

During my stays there, I was very impressed that Parc Central has a very "hands on" management, with a very frequent presence throughout the facility. They obviously are keenly interested in maintaining a high quality establishment. Parc Central is my "home away from home" in Albuquerque!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear rippbird,

First, we would like to congratulate your daughter on beginning her residency! That is quite an accomplishment and we wish her success. We are delighted that you felt at home with us upon your first stay and that you were comfortable. Our staff greatly enjoys assisting our guests in any way we can, and we are thrilled to have helped you locate safe housing for your daughter while she attended orientation. We are glad that you found the hotel to be unique in so many ways. Most importantly, we could not be happier to hear that you find the Hotel Parq Central to be your home away from home.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Let me start by, the staff was excellent!! The front desk was so accommodating. At first I wasn't sure about the place. Ordered a regular room and thought it was quite nice. Was touring the place and decided to invite friends over for drinks and conversation. We were so impressed with the level of details the hotel had taken in the renovation. We were also able to take our company to the different sitting rooms the hotel has to offer. All were beautifully appointed with an added touch of history. The front desk always had an extra person to help guest with bags or general tours of the place. He was so informative about the place; I mentioned that I was so impressed with the place that I should have ordered a suite to take full advantage of this wonderful place. Next thing you know I was upgraded for a small upcharge per night. I have never been treated this good in any of my travels, and I travel worldwide. The views at night are remarkable. The hotel itself is quiet and peaceful, a big change from chain hotels. My wife and I needed a break from our daily grind while our son visited with grandma. It was romantic and relaxing to say the least.

Room Tip: The suites are great. Must go to the 4th floor lounge at night to take in the views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Dear James E,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Albuquerque. We are thrilled that you found our service to be excellent and that you were well taken care of by the front desk agents. The various sitting rooms throughout the property are intended to provide comfortable spaces for guests to gather with company and we are delighted that you enjoyed them! It is wonderful for us to have five different room types to offer guests and we are so glad that we were able to upgrade you from a traditional room to a suite. Peaceful rooms are very important to us and we are pleased that you and your wife were able to relax and get away from the daily grind in your room. Albuquerque is a beautiful city and we are glad that you enjoyed the views at night during your romantic get away!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This hotel used to be a mental hospital, creepy, scary, abandoned. Now the buidling has been completely restored. It is beautiful, comfortable, and fascinating. There are random displays through out the hotel which showcase the old hospital equipment. In the bar, a gurney is used as a table, very creative. The bar is on the top floor and features a large out door area. They have giant round couches amoung the many seating areas. The also have large heaters to take the chill off. The view is AMAZING. Rumor has it that the hotel is haunted, we didn't see, feel, hear, or experience anything. I live in Albuquerque and I will definitely be back to visit.

Room Tip: Our room faced I-25, the rooms are so sound proof we could not hear any freeway or street noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear PaminABQ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are delighted that you were able to escape in the city you live in, hopefully finding rest and relaxation with us. We are delighted that you find the restoration beautiful; it is so important to us that the locals enjoy the preservation of this historic building. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hospital decor integrated throughout the property. The Apothecary is something that we are truly thrilled to offer to out of town guests and to locals for a night out and an amazing view of the city. We look forward to seeing you again soon and appreciate you choosing us for your stay-cation!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

My daughter recently moved to Albuquerque from Manhattan. We are visiting often. We discovered the Hotel Parq Central by accident. What a great accident. The hotel has charm. It is interesting to know I am staying in a mental institution without the danger. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. We stayed in the back which was I think the doctors quarters .The morning breakfast was more than i would have expected and it was very delicious. I enjoyed the chairs on the upper deck for a morning cup of coffee. My compliant is there was no coffee in that part of the hotel. At first I was told it was on the second floor which was our floor, then they said it was in the library on the first floor. It was not. No problem, I put on my wonderful, warm robe to go into the main house for my coffee. When we checked out I also mentioned the lack of light to put on make-up and to find clothes in the draws. To my surprise the young man agreed and said it was a situation that they were aware of. Even with these two "crimps" we enjoyed our stay and will be back for the winter holidays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank newyorker2205
NoelleWallace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear newyorker2205,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are delighted that you found us and that your room was clean and charming. The breakfast is something we truly enjoy offering and we are glad you enjoyed it, along with sipping coffee on the upper deck of the residence. We appreciate you relaying your frustration to find coffee near your room in the mornings. This provided an opportunity for us to revisit some training and ensure that each guest on our campus receives the same level of service. The lighting concern in the guest rooms is, as the gentleman at the front desk mentioned, is something we are aware of and working towards resolving.

We hope your daughter is settling in to her new home in Albuquerque and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Who would have thought that on the corner of Interstate 40 and Central Avenue in Albuquerque you would find a such a bastion of peace and calmness. The care and quality of restoration of this facility ranks it in my book of one of the most inviting and relaxing lodging stays I have experienced in my 55 years of life. The value far exceeds the dollar spent for your stay. But what puts this hotel over the top is the staff, who are pleasant, friendly and oh so helpful. This will be our place whenever we return to Albuquerque!!!

Room Tip: Courtyard View!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ednortham
Dear ednortham,

Thank you so very much for the kind words! We are thrilled that you found us and that we were able to provide a serene and relaxing environment during your time in Albuquerque. The restoration of our building was a wonderful experience and we are pleased that you found it to be among the most inviting and relaxing lodging experiences you have had. Our staff is delighted to have put your stay over the top with our friendly and helpful customer service; we love to make each guest's stay the best it can be and we are so glad to have succeeded with you!

We are honored to be your place when you return to Albuquerque and we look forward to seeing you soon!